Front USB stopped working, no idea what cable I need.

Kieran712

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hello,
Today I was working away when I tried to plug my headset into my Front USB and it would not work. From what I can tell there are 2 connectors each controlling 2 ports but only 1 port is not working. I assume it is the cable but I have no idea what it is.

The cable is a USB header to this end and plugs into the port as shown. http://puu.sh/19SL7

Thanks in advance

Kieran712

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hello again

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the cable runs from the motherboard to the front panel. Ive tried everything on it and nothing is being picked up at all.

Specs :
i5 3450
8GB Corsair Vengance 1600
GTX 560 SE
Gigabyte B75M-D3V
750GB Seagate Barricuda
500W Coolermaster PSU
Sharkoon T9 Case

geekanoob

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
try to find another wiring harness similar to the one you have or if not another front panel with front usb ports. i had a similar problem and couldnt find another wiring harness similar to the on i had but managed to get another front panel and problem solved

bill_49

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I had a problem where scan disk flash 8 gig drive stopped working on the front ports but worked in the rear ports it drove me crazy. Other flash drives worked in both ports( Front & Rear) What worked for me with a MSI mother board was to install a PNY usb flash in the front port find out where the port was in device manager ( showed up as mass storage device) uninstall the the device and then plugged in the problem flash drive and windows then saw and reinstalled the driver.
Bill from Syracuse.