Jordan

Most of you guys know that I don't get real excited by advance screen
shots. If it's not showing game-play then it's not showing the game.
Well, here's the latest example:

Remember those pre-release Madden shots for the PS3/Xbox 360?

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491454.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491456.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491457.jpg

Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing like
it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the Xbox
version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something like that
would they?)

Read about it here:
http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143540
(This link was running pretty slow when I went there, be patient.)

Download the video and see for yourself here:
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1649_1_en.html

- Jordan

Jordan

It looks to me like sheer laziness/ineptitude on EA's part... I guess
we won't really know until we see the entire launch lineup running on
actual hardware.

If this ends up looking the worst of the launch titles it will be a
huge black eye for EA. Not that it matters with the NFL license
though...

- Jordan

Jordan wrote:

> Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing
> like it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the Xbox
> version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something like that
> would they?)

Jar Jar Cable already started a thread about this on the PS2 group, but it's
good to have it here too. Based on the video it does look like little more
than a straight port. Maybe EA just couldn't be bothered to make any effort
for the 360 version, since they'll have already made a ton of money off the
Xbox/PS2 version -- with the 360 coming out in November, all the Madden
diehards will have long since bought a copy for the Xbox or PS2. I expect
we'll see a huge improvement in Madden 07 on both next-gen consoles. Or not,
since EA has a monopoly and doesn't really need to try.

It does go to show what a joke these CGI "target renders" are tho. Can't
wait to see what actual Killzone 2 gameplay footage looks like.

-Z-

Zackman wrote:
> Jordan wrote:
>
>> Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing
>> like it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the
>> Xbox version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something
>> like that would they?)
>
> Jar Jar Cable already started a thread about this on the PS2 group,
> but it's good to have it here too.

I don't read the PS2 group but knowing Cable I bet he claimed something
along the lines of, "This is the
best the 360 could do? Why would anyone want to spend $400 on a console to
get marginally better graphics? The PS3 will be much better."

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

If you think the 1st gen titles are going to look any better than real good
XBox ports you're kidding yourself. Almost everything I read and everyone I
talked to about the 360 all said only a select few titles will actually look
like they can't be done on a XBox.

Jordan

Hey, back in the day EA was the leader in quality gaming. Granted it's
been like 15 years... But there was a time...

- Jordan

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Most of you guys know that I don't get real excited by advance screen
> shots. If it's not showing game-play then it's not showing the game.
> Well, here's the latest example:
>
> Remember those pre-release Madden shots for the PS3/Xbox 360?
>
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491454.jpg
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491456.jpg
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491457.jpg
>
> Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing like
> it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the Xbox
> version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something like that
> would they?)
>
> Read about it here:
> http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143540
> (This link was running pretty slow when I went there, be patient.)
>
> Download the video and see for yourself here:
> http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1649_1_en.html
>
> - Jordan

EA are a bunch of talentless faggots. Even those 'target renders' are not
that impressive. They are still plagued with paper cut-out eyes and shitty
player models. I can model better than EA artists. No, they aren't artists.
They are a bunch of talentless faggots, remember? EA will take any buttpill
off of the street to make their games. All they have to do is pull pussy ass
stunts when the competition gets rough with them, like denying them the
rights to create NFL licensed games. The faggots couldn't win the old
fashioned way, by playing fair.

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Most of you guys know that I don't get real excited by advance screen
> shots. If it's not showing game-play then it's not showing the game.
> Well, here's the latest example:
>
> Remember those pre-release Madden shots for the PS3/Xbox 360?
>
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491454.jpg
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491456.jpg
> http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491457.jpg
>
> Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing like
> it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the Xbox
> version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something like that
> would they?)

Then why not just play the Xbox version and save yourself $60?

--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

"Ethan Hammond" <eshammond@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Most of you guys know that I don't get real excited by advance screen
> > shots. If it's not showing game-play then it's not showing the game.
> > Well, here's the latest example:
> >
> > Remember those pre-release Madden shots for the PS3/Xbox 360?
> >
> > http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491454.jpg
> > http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491456.jpg
> > http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/1116491457.jpg
> >
> > Well as usual the finished (or nearly finished) game looks nothing like
> > it. In fact, if anything, it looks like EA simply ported the Xbox
> > version to the Xbox 360. (Golly, they wouldn't do something like that
> > would they?)
>
> Then why not just play the Xbox version and save yourself $60?

LOL!
Jordan play a EA title?
You're kidding, right?

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> If you think the 1st gen titles are going to look any better than real
> good
> XBox ports you're kidding yourself. Almost everything I read and everyone
> talked to about the 360 all said only a select few titles will actually
> look
> like they can't be done on a XBox.

Which is why I am only getting DOA4 and PDZ when it comes out.

--

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> > If you think the 1st gen titles are going to look any better than real
> > good
> > XBox ports you're kidding yourself. Almost everything I read and
everyone
> > talked to about the 360 all said only a select few titles will actually
> > look
> > like they can't be done on a XBox.
>
> Which is why I am only getting DOA4 and PDZ when it comes out.

IMHO, DOA4 falls into the real good XBox port.

> "Ethan Hammond" <eshammond@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>
>> Which is why I am only getting DOA4 and PDZ when it comes out.
>
> IMHO, DOA4 falls into the real good XBox port.

How dare you! No, no, no, no! Did you not see Tina get
rock bottomed by Bass she will have to get her revenge in
much greater detail than what was possible on the Xbox!

--
All Purpose Culture Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Ethan Hammond <eshammond@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> How dare you! No, no, no, no! Did you not see Tina get
> rock bottomed by Bass she will have to get her revenge in
> much greater detail than what was possible on the Xbox!

Who's Tina? Ayane all the way! ;) (well, ok, Lei-fang once in awhile...)