Making Desktop wireless to stream Netflicks

rbaggett01

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello All
I am wanting to make my desktop wireless I have a D LINK dual band wireless router now. My laptop is wireless and works fine my desk top is hardwired to router. Thinking of moving my moden and router to
TV and making my desktop wireless and hardwireing my media server I think it called ( still yet to be
bought still doing home work on which one to get and how to hook up ) Thinking less signal loss be hardwired
to media server. I now have AT&T DSL 1.5 MB upgrading to 6.0 MB to stream netflicks . Do you think 6 MB
will steam OK? Should I Go with just a USB adapter or go to PCI internal Adapter? In reading some of the other
post seems hit or miss on adapter seeing and working with routher. Is there a brand or type of adapte I should look at? as I said Desktop will now be wireless media hardwire dose this sound like the way to go about doing this? Any media server that seems to work better than others . not doing x box or Wii not a gamer just want to stream Netflix without buffering and as good a picture as Poss. Thanks in advance for any info you guys or gals may have.
Thanks
Rick