Sign in with
Your question

[SOLVED] Cannot update BIOS

Last response: in CPUs
September 30, 2012 1:17:13 AM

I am trying to update the bios on my 760GM-E51 (FX) motherboard in order to change my amd phenom ii x555 black edition from 2 cores to 4 cores using the 'hybrid' setting on the new update. I am on a home-made computer running Windows 7 Ultimate Iif that is at all relevant). If I try to launch the .exe file, i recieve a message reading "The version of this file is not compatable with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher". After many hours of research I learned that I must create a bootable flashdrive, put this on it, then I can update my BIOS. Doing this is above my technical level and I do not want to ruin my computer. Is there not another way to update my BIOS that is more simple? I am very desperate!! Why can't I update my BIOS and be done with all this?

More about : solved update bios

September 30, 2012 11:00:07 PM

thanks so much. it wouldn't boot with the 4 cores, i guess i was one of the few that couldnt do it; but just reset the CMOS and am on with it. The link u sent worked though, thanks!
a b à CPUs
October 1, 2012 12:36:48 AM

glad it help you
!