Is it possible to hide/rename a program file?

G

Hi!

I want to install a game on my computer, but I don't want someone to see it. Not even from then control panel. Is it possible to rename/hide the name of the game showed in the uninstaller in the control panel?

I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi!

I want to install a game on my computer, but I don't want someone to see it. Not even from then control panel. Is it possible to rename/hide the name of the game showed in the uninstaller in the control panel?

I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks,
Simon
I hope this isn't a work computer! The guys who manage those sort of computers for a living will be able to see if you install a game whatever you try to do. Try to circumvent any policies imposed on a work computer in this way and you'll probably find yourself looking for another job.

If it's a home computer, why the need to hide it? Something you don't want your Mom to see?

The quick answer is, if you can run the game anyone with a modicum of computer knowledge will be able to see that you have it installed.

G

Hehe, yes, don't want mom to se ;)

My mom is not that good at the computer, she just know that she can see installed programs in the control panel.

So if it's possible to edit the name on the program or hide it from the unistaller, it should be fine.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
If your under 18 listen to your mom, if over 18 and living at home is a must then listen to your mom. If your over 21 why are you still living at home? you want to play any game you want no matter what mom says thats fine but then grow up already, pay your own way for everything housing, food, gas, car, utilities etc in your own place! Its called grown-up freedom, with it you must support yourself. Enjoy

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
I Agree,
If your trying to hide a game from mom then there is a reason that she doesn't want you to play it. And because she is your mother, it doesn't matter what her reason is, just listen to her for crying out loud, she's your mother.

G

Serious man! It's just a game! It nothing illegal! I just want to play Cod 6, like everyone else in my class (something my mom unfortunaly doesn't cares about). She don't even know how the game is, she have just heard that it is some shooting in it.

Can you please help me?

G

I'm 15 and the game is 18, but so what? Everyone is playing it. Eighter, they are allowed or they play it anyway. Can someone please tell me how to do it?

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Well,
Since you haven't figured this out yet I'm gonna tell you. The vast majority of users here are Adults with children at home. We support doing the right thing and are not going to help you disobey your parents.

Get outside and play baseball or something.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
If your mom finds out that you even tried to deceive her she is likely to take the computer away and you will not be able to play any games at all. You will be better served to wait till your old enough, get good grades in school and you may be rewarded. Other kids your age may be playing it but some of those kids are likely to commit other infractions not only mom & dads rules but criminal ones that will land them in jail or prison. Do you want to be like them then? Play the age appropiate games for you today so you can play the others when its your time. We are trying to help you stay out of trouble.