Sign in with
Your question

Keeps turning on then off. Asus P8z77-V

Last response: in Systems
June 3, 2012 7:48:06 PM

I set up the build and everything, then turned it on. After a little problem with it turning itself on then off, I got into the UEFI BIOS. When I tried to acess the OC Tuner, I shut itself down. Now It turns itself on then off over and over. The monitor reads "No DVI input". The CPU light Turns Red then turns off, then the DRAM LED, then finally the VGA LED turns on and stays for at least 10 seconds before the thing turns off. The Boot Device LED is green the whole time. 5-10 seconds later, the process repeats. PLEASE HELP!!!

More about : turning asus p8z77

June 3, 2012 8:19:35 PM

Shameless boost, I know, but this is really frustrating
June 3, 2012 8:58:05 PM

Tried with GPU unplugged. VGA light still turns on, even without the GPU!!
Related resources
June 9, 2012 4:21:37 AM

Bump.

Same exact issue here--LED patterns and everything. Spent a while on the phone with ASUS, they didn't know what that LED pattern meant either. I had trouble when I first put this build together a week ago, but it finally turned on, and I was tentative, but assumed it was clear sailing. Then, a week later, the damn thing won't POST again. ASUS guy on the phone said to try the BIOS FLASHBACK feature, so I put the updated BIOS on a flashdrive and held the BIOS FLASHBACK button for 3+ seconds (as indicated), and the thing stopped flashing those funky LED codes. Instead, it just continuously revs up and down until I've had enough and Kill it.
October 6, 2012 11:15:39 PM

How did you fix the first issue, that is the problem i am having now, where it powers on then off then on and off etc.?

thanks.

benjamincakir said:
I set up the build and everything, then turned it on. After a little problem with it turning itself on then off, I got into the UEFI BIOS. When I tried to acess the OC Tuner, I shut itself down. Now It turns itself on then off over and over. The monitor reads "No DVI input". The CPU light Turns Red then turns off, then the DRAM LED, then finally the VGA LED turns on and stays for at least 10 seconds before the thing turns off. The Boot Device LED is green the whole time. 5-10 seconds later, the process repeats. PLEASE HELP!!!

October 14, 2012 4:02:19 AM

scooterking said:
How did you fix the first issue, that is the problem i am having now, where it powers on then off then on and off etc.?

thanks.

i forgot, it's been o long. But i did get it to work!
October 14, 2012 4:12:00 AM

benjamincakir said:

Can you try starting your system with a different power supply? You'll need to run through different hardware to ensure it isn't anything else. Try running with only one stick of RAM in the correct slot.

If none of that works, contact ASUS Customer Support as it may be a defective motherboard.
October 14, 2012 9:04:54 AM

Mine has done the same thing. I assembled it together tonight. Fan and CPU fans went on started to get in the boot then shut off, on then off did this for a while. I flipped the main switch on my PSU to make it stop. Only when I tried it later there is NO response at all. I am worried it shorted out my PSU. If you find anything out please let me know.
October 17, 2012 12:01:24 AM

STNICK_85 said:
Mine has done the same thing. I assembled it together tonight. Fan and CPU fans went on started to get in the boot then shut off, on then off did this for a while. I flipped the main switch on my PSU to make it stop. Only when I tried it later there is NO response at all. I am worried it shorted out my PSU. If you find anything out please let me know.

Can you please post the specifics of your build and also let us know what you've tried to resolve the issue?
October 22, 2012 9:38:53 PM

forgot to update this. I took it to a shop that said my PSU was bad (OCZ 600). I got a nother while I was there. It was a Starr Teck 530. Same problems. Took it back it was dead. Finally got a Corsair 700 ran great. Check your PSU.
!