Can I add a folder under start?

I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders under my
start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make one folder and
add all the subfolders under that folders, to make more room in my programs
list?
5 answers Last reply
More about folder start

    Yes

    "Seska Vedek" <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders under my
    >start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make one folder and
    >add all the subfolders under that folders, to make more room in my programs
    >list?

    To add selected items to the Start menu
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
    Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
    > under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
    > one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
    > more room in my programs list?

    Thanks Wesley for the help!
    > To add selected items to the Start menu
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
    > Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
    >> under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
    >> one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
    >> more room in my programs list?

    You're welcome, Seska! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ahSJd.5315$Ya2.2889@fe07.lga,
    Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Wesley for the help!
    >> To add selected items to the Start menu

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
    >> Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
    >>> under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
    >>> one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
    >>> more room in my programs list?

    Seska,

    All you have to do is click rightclick START then OPEN. This will give you
    YOUR start menu in explorer so you can cut/paste dirs/icons as much as you
    like or create new folders or even change their icons
    (rightclick>properties). To do the same thing for a different account, log
    off then back in under the different account and repeat. To access the start
    menu for ALL users just rightclick START and select OPEN ALL USERS. You
    could for example drag folders from the all users window to your own start
    menu window so that other users don't have access. Simple no?

    Andy

    "Seska Vedek" <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders under
    my
    > start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make one folder and
    > add all the subfolders under that folders, to make more room in my
    programs
    > list?

Configuration Music Microsoft Customization Windows XP