AT THE LAKE WITH THE 20D !!!

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 18, 2005 9:44:47 PM

http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

More about : lake 20d

July 18, 2005 10:16:04 PM

Annika1980 I have read many post of yours and see you use a Cannon 20D. You
seem very happy with it and I about ready to buy a new camera. I am looking
at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs and in dpreviews
side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is about $400.00 more and I
am not sure if the includes any lens. The Olympus at Costco is $995.00
including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me know
what you think of the two cameras and let me know.

Thanks for the time.

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 10:50:17 PM

I am looking at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs
and in dpreviews side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is
about $400.00 more and I am not sure if the includes any lens. The
Olympus at Costco is $995.00
including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me
know
what you think of the two cameras and let me know.
-------------------

You like Ferraris or Buicks?
Or as the dpreview site says about the Olympus, "If you're a real
stickler for image quality however you may wish to consider other
cameras."

The Canon 20D is in a different class than the Olympus.
Perhaps you should compare it to the Digital Rebel?

Anyway, asking me to choose between Camera A and the amazing 20D will
give the same answer almost every time. The 20D rules that price
range. To give a more thorough recommendation would require knowledge
of your photographic experience and what things you plan to shoot. How
will you use the camera? How many lenses are you prepared to buy? How
much can you spend? Will you be printing large photos with it or just
using it for web work? These are just some of the questions a good
salesman should ask.

Anyway, buy the 20D. You only go around once.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:32:54 AM

"RON" <joycegolf@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Annika1980 I have read many post of yours and see you use a Cannon 20D.
You
> seem very happy with it and I about ready to buy a new camera. I am
looking
> at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs and in dpreviews
> side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is about $400.00 more and
> am not sure if the includes any lens. The Olympus at Costco is $995.00
> including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me
know
> what you think of the two cameras and let me know.
>
> Thanks for the time.
>
> "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

With the 20D and Rebel XT and recent pro Canon DSLRs, Canon has mastered
image quality from a Bayer type sensor configuration. Good noise
performance, virtually nonexistent sharpening halos, no moiré issues, no
aliasing patterns with lines at certain angles. It seems other brands give
good performance, but have a problem with one or more in the above areas.

Image quality is the number one priority for me, IMO, Canon wins in this
area. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for their non SLR digital
cameras although they are not bad.

It is nice to make large prints from the camera and not have a video look to
them. My DRebel (original 6mp version), is not quite up to par with the TX
because it has sharpening halos that give a slight video quality look to the
prints.

-S
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:42:28 AM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
> http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

Bret,
Nice shots. In some cases using the rule of thirds for some of your subjects
would make them more interesting. It is not a cure all, but I can see where
it would help in some shots.
John
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:46:39 AM

Bret,
Nice shots. In some cases using the rule of thirds for some of your
subjects
would make them more interesting. It is not a cure all, but I can see
where
it would help in some shots.

Yep, gotta stick to those formulas!

But I get your point.