AMD Radeon Stutter fix for Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

EhrenOsterman

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
So I have a 2gb ddr3 AMD Radeon HD 7570 card, with the known micro-stuttering issue in Skyrim. I have tried literally every single fix that has ever been mentioned, (Windowed mode, .ini tweaks, cpu bottle neck, framerate cap, mouse settings, 64hz mod, etc etc etc) and still no fix. What I thought I gathered is that it is a problem with the AMD card itself, and that new drivers would likely solve the problem. However no new drivers have done anything to help. Is it time to give up on this game?

Also, on a side note, I can't get more than 30 fps out of this game in Skyrim, with AA at 0 as well as AF at 0, and shadows down to medium. I bought this card under the impression that it would be able to handle Skyrim on higher settings but so far it has failed.

Any information would be helpful, most forum links I've read are all dated in February or earlier.

There is no 7570. He must have a 7750. And that's a bit of a stretch. If he's at 1080p and high he shouldn't expect anything over 30 fps, but it shoukd be playable at medium. if he's at a lower res it may do better.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-8.html

EhrenOsterman

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Full specs:

i7-2600 quad-core, 3.8 ghz
8 gb ddr3 ram
2TB hdd
2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7570

Perhaps micro-stuttering is the wrong term, but the game stutters, more noticeably in first person mode, and it's a well known Skyrim issue for the game to stutter in both viewpoints.

I guess I don't get how this card is not a higher end card, especially since the 8xxx series is the only set of cards higher than it, and is not yet out IIRC. It is a 7570, that's what I selected from HP to buy, so not sure where you got that information. Would switching to GeForce GTX be better? Are AMD Radeon cards just lower quality? That irritates me that I was led to believe the 7570 could handle more than it can..

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
A 7570 is pretty crappy. If you want to game, most of your rig is really solid, but that video card needs to go. Look at picking up a 7870 GHz for $260ish, it'll handle everything out there at 1080P.

Kari

Splendid
Skyrim can stutter for nvidia setups as well so it is not an amd only problem...

For me the thing to do to get rid of that nasty stuttering was to change my logitech wireless mouse to a corded MS one that i had in my secondary rig. I have absolutely no idea why that is, but it worked for me... Though I'm not 100% sure the stutter I was getting was the infamous 64Hz stutter, but in any case now the game play is smooth as far as I can tell.

edit oh bloody hell, just noticed the date on the op, lol. nice work stan...

Status
Not open for further replies.