Sign in with
Your question

Sager NP9130 / Clevo P151EM1

Last response: in Systems
June 3, 2012 10:07:03 PM

Hi everyone, I am interested in this laptop from Xotic PC, I will provide the link below
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9130-clevo-p151em1-p-434...

I have picked all default options because I feel satisfied for the price. I noticed that under the processor description, it listed "Supports up to 8GB 1600MHz of Ram (2 SODIMMS)" I have picked the 12GB option at $0. I am not sure if this was a mistake on their part, but is that the maximum the processor will support AT ALL, or just per slot? I also chose the 750GB drive and Windows 7 Home. I plan to do a lot of gaming but can't tell you what I plan on playing because my selection is quite narrow at this time sitting on this old laptop. I know that the games I want to play will be running fine, and I'm NOT looking to run Crysis on max any day...or any laptop.

So my question to you is whether this is a good buy or not. I have never dealt with Sager or Clevo so what do you guys think?
June 4, 2012 4:01:54 AM

Just to add some more info, I purchased an acer from NewEgg a while ago, it was pretty cheap, with decent graphics and cpu. It ran my games just fine, but it kept freezing every 30 seconds or so for 1 second. I returned it, and will stay away from Acer. I guess my main concern is that I want the laptop above to perform as it should without the problems that the Acer had. As I said I have never dealt with Clevo.

Also, if someone could clear up on what parts companies like Acer or Clevo actually make for the pc's. I don't want to blindly blame a company for bad hardware that they did not make and just put together.

Thanks for reading :) 
m
l
!