function key F5

in Noptepad on my WXP system, the keyboard function key F5 gives ....
14:21 2005/01/23

how can i change that to just the date ? ...
2005/01/23

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about function

    Hi Rodney,

    Control Panel > regional options > time and date, and change it there

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Rodney Hunter" <rwh2100@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
    > in Noptepad on my WXP system, the keyboard function key F5 gives ....
    > 14:21 2005/01/23
    >
    > how can i change that to just the date ? ...
    > 2005/01/23
    >
    > Thank you

    F5 is programmed to Time/Date - look under menu Edit. Learn from built-in
    Help how to modify Header/Footer instead and if you need Short date then
    yes, modify Regional Settings.

Configuration Microsoft Customization Keyboards Windows XP