function key F5

January 23, 2005 5:23:30 PM

in Noptepad on my WXP system, the keyboard function key F5 gives ....
14:21 2005/01/23

how can i change that to just the date ? ...
2005/01/23

Thank you

More about : function key

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:23:31 PM

Hi Rodney,

Control Panel > regional options > time and date, and change it there

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Rodney Hunter" <rwh2100@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
> in Noptepad on my WXP system, the keyboard function key F5 gives ....
> 14:21 2005/01/23
>
> how can i change that to just the date ? ...
> 2005/01/23
>
> Thank you

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:53:36 PM

F5 is programmed to Time/Date - look under menu Edit. Learn from built-in
Help how to modify Header/Footer instead and if you need Short date then
yes, modify Regional Settings.
!