Which card should I get?

xBUNx

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hello, I am planning on building a gaming PC that would powerful enough to play some of the more demanding games and the newer ones (like Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, GW2, Metro 2033, ect.ect.) and I am stuck on these two cards:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0365382 The GTX 560 ti Superclocked DS

and

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0356463 just the GTX 560 ti.

I'm not very sure about the first one because I really can't find any good information on it. I have no idea what the DS stands for :\ and because its superclocked will that lower the total life of the card?

So if you all could just take a look at these and tell me what your opinions are and maybe just some info on them that would be awesome. THANKS :D

PS: I am planning on getting and i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard, and a Builder Series 600 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply. Not sure if its needed, but that's what i wanna get :p

Solution
A non- reference design means that the card is not just a stock card that goes according to the reference (stock) design of nvidia, but that has been improved to perform better or cooler both in general, and when overclocked. It may also overclock better. For $20 more I would get the non-reference Gtx 560ti from the first link you posted, it runs cooler, and is overclocked.

Hope this clarifies things

mrwhit30ut

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Rest of build looks like a strong budget system. I would switch out your motherboard for a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3H. Its a little more expensive, but It is much better quality. Also Get the 1st one. The cooling is going to be much better on that one, And also I think it is non-refrence design so it will be much more stable as well.

bestlink101

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

i think the xtreme3 gen 3 would be good because it has pci 3.0, it will be compatible with ivy bridge at release date,

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
A non- reference design means that the card is not just a stock card that goes according to the reference (stock) design of nvidia, but that has been improved to perform better or cooler both in general, and when overclocked. It may also overclock better. For $20 more I would get the non-reference Gtx 560ti from the first link you posted, it runs cooler, and is overclocked.

Hope this clarifies things

Solution