Another question about "Rules"

Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
complex.

Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
at home to my machine at work.

And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
in trying my rule set.

Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
import. I'm willing to learn.

David

(I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)
5 answers Last reply
More about another question rules

    I think you can do this in a much simpler way, try...

    START>All Programs>System Tools>Files and Settings Tranfer Wizzard

    Andy

    "David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
    > me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
    > There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
    > complex.
    >
    > Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
    > at home to my machine at work.
    >
    > And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
    > in trying my rule set.
    >
    > Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
    > then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
    > so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
    > import. I'm willing to learn.
    >
    > David
    >
    > (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
    > virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

    The only problem with that is you have no choice as to what you want saved.
    It saves many things you would not transferred to another computer and since
    it all goes in one compressed file your stuck with it.

    Frank
    "Andrew Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I think you can do this in a much simpler way, try...
    >
    > START>All Programs>System Tools>Files and Settings Tranfer Wizzard
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > "David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
    >> me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
    >> There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
    >> complex.
    >>
    >> Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
    >> at home to my machine at work.
    >>
    >> And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
    >> in trying my rule set.
    >>
    >> Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
    >> then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
    >> so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
    >> import. I'm willing to learn.
    >>
    >> David
    >>
    >> (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
    >> virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

    Hi David,

    http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/resources/tools.htm#oebackup

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
    > me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
    > There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
    > complex.
    >
    > Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
    > at home to my machine at work.
    >
    > And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
    > in trying my rule set.
    >
    > Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
    > then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
    > so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
    > import. I'm willing to learn.
    >
    > David
    >
    > (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
    > virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

    See here:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/backupoe.shtml

    --
    HTH
    Meena
    "David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
    > me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
    > There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
    > complex.
    >
    > Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
    > at home to my machine at work.
    >
    > And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
    > in trying my rule set.
    >
    > Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
    > then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
    > so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
    > import. I'm willing to learn.
    >
    > David
    >
    > (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
    > virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

    I'm not going to reply to each message because
    there's entirely too much meat to digest. I'll just
    have to have them back up the semi to my back
    door and unload cookies into my virtual pickup
    until I've delivered enough to have paid my debt
    to you all.

    My question is answered.

    Many thanks.

    David