Another question about "Rules"

January 23, 2005 3:30:31 AM

Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
complex.

Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
at home to my machine at work.

And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
in trying my rule set.

Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
import. I'm willing to learn.

David

(I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

More about : question rules

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:42:04 PM

I think you can do this in a much simpler way, try...

START>All Programs>System Tools>Files and Settings Tranfer Wizzard

Andy

"David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o IyxEzQAFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
> me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
> There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
> complex.
>
> Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
> at home to my machine at work.
>
> And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
> in trying my rule set.
>
> Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
> then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
> so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
> import. I'm willing to learn.
>
> David
>
> (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
> virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:42:05 PM

The only problem with that is you have no choice as to what you want saved.
It saves many things you would not transferred to another computer and since
it all goes in one compressed file your stuck with it.

Frank
"Andrew Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I think you can do this in a much simpler way, try...
>
> START>All Programs>System Tools>Files and Settings Tranfer Wizzard
>
> Andy
>
> "David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o IyxEzQAFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
>> me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
>> There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
>> complex.
>>
>> Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
>> at home to my machine at work.
>>
>> And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
>> in trying my rule set.
>>
>> Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
>> then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
>> so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
>> import. I'm willing to learn.
>>
>> David
>>
>> (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
>> virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

January 23, 2005 1:53:38 PM

Hi David,

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/resources/tools.htm...

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o IyxEzQAFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
> me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
> There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
> complex.
>
> Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
> at home to my machine at work.
>
> And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
> in trying my rule set.
>
> Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
> then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
> so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
> import. I'm willing to learn.
>
> David
>
> (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
> virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:10:21 PM

See here:
http://www.pchell.com/support/backupoe.shtml

--
HTH
Meena
"David Schrader" <dfschrader@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o IyxEzQAFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Okay, let's say I've got a "great" set of rules. It's taken
> me months to develop them and get all the bugs out.
> There are a hundred or so rules and each rule is quite
> complex.
>
> Now I want to copy all of those rules from my machine
> at home to my machine at work.
>
> And a couple of my friends have also indicated interest
> in trying my rule set.
>
> Is there a way I can extract them into a file which can be
> then imported as a set of rules into another machine? If
> so, how is each step accomplished - the export and the
> import. I'm willing to learn.
>
> David
>
> (I got a feeling I'm going to owe somebody a couple of
> virtual pickup loads of their favorite cookie for this one.)

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:44:53 PM

I'm not going to reply to each message because
there's entirely too much meat to digest. I'll just
have to have them back up the semi to my back
door and unload cookies into my virtual pickup
until I've delivered enough to have paid my debt
to you all.

My question is answered.

Many thanks.

David