Help with graphic card choice :)

bitis

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Hello, i have a very old nvidia 7300 gs, and its dying, and needed to get a new card, i have been searching around and had no luck, the only real stipulations i have are, it needs to have vga and dvi / hdmi, the hdmi is not so important because i will simply use my computers sound....the speakers on the tv are not great, and preferably 128 mem bandwidth, at least something better then this ones 64 mem bandwidth, memory amount is not really a problem, for as low cost as possible , i only play low quality games :) any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

Also my mobo has an nvidia chipset

bitis

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
the chipset is nvidia , so i am looking for nvidia really, or is that not such a good idea? i thought it would be logical to get nvidia .... its an older board before AMD and radeon teamed up :) i will look at these suggestions though thanks

bitis

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
also was looking for 128 mem width if poss :)

Last time i looked alone, i found in the cheaper cards, a lot of the time it would be 64bit ddr3 and 128 bit ddr2 , and the only thing i could work out is, maybe the ddr3 at half the width would run slightly cooler , but give the same general performance?

So a ddr3 at 64 bit ...... would be better for me maybe, as this feeble 1 i have now is 64bit ddr2 i think ?

thanks again