Need to replace CM 212 with quiet cooler

GeneralChicken

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
The movers dropped my computer and luckily, none of the components were damaged, but my CM 212 now makes a ton of noise when I start up my computer. If I move it around and mess with it for about five minutes, I can make it stop, but I obviously don't want to do that every time I start my computer.

And even before this, I felt the fan was a little too loud. Could someone recommend a CPU cooler for my 2500k that is as effective as the CM 212, but quieter?

Thanks.

miki_x1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
You might just have damaged fan on CPU cooler or fan is not properly seated on cooler.
Try to open your case and check if fan is damaged or moved
if you have a damaged fan you can just by a new one and replace it
if you still want to by a whole now CPU coller noctua nh-d14 is better then your CM 212

GeneralChicken

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I was looking at silentpcreview and I found the noiseblocker fans, which look like a good option. Is it possible to clip one of those 120mm fans (found here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article63-page2.html) onto my existing heatsink? Does this provide good performance?

GeneralChicken

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
The link works if you take off the parenthesis.

And the fans I'm considering use PWM and I believe my mobo (asrock extreme 3 gen3) also supports it.

Does anyone know how to attach a 120mm case fan such as the Noiseblocker M-12 to the coolermaster 212 heatsink? And would it provide good performance? Also, if I decide to go that route, would the M-12 S1 be enough, or would I need to use the S2 or the PS model?

Thanks in advance.

You just need the bracket,there should be an extra one with the EVO. My son just bought two of these i can't hear it 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Cooling Fan Akasa Apache Black Ultra Silent AK-FN058 Fan HDB bearing PWM fan 120mm are also very good as well as Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Focused Flow PWM Cooling Fan use the extra bracket,it will work,use one or use both fans for a push\pull config.