Is the Corsair AX1200 enough for 3-way SLI GTX 680?

I have a system with 2 GTX 680 Zotac graphic cards.
Along side I have an intel i7 3960 Extreme, 32GB ram (4 sticks DDR3), 2 hard drives sata, and a blueray disc drive.

My question is whether I can insert one more GTX 680 Zotac graphic card with my current Corsair AX1200 Power supply.
16 answers Last reply
More about corsair ax1200
  1. it will be no problem on the psu but theres very little reason to sli 3 680 imo.
  2. Alrighty :) Thanks for the reply, just making sure my PSU will handle it fine - I dont want to switch it out to a 1500 , would be such a hassle with my tidy box setup now.
  3. you should also be able to run quad fire with it if you are wondering and ever want to get 4 680s.
  4. esrever said:
    you should also be able to run quad fire with it if you are wondering and ever want to get 4 680s.

Come on....that's just overkill!! :sol:
  5. O.o
  6. You should of got 7970s... 3GB VRAM. Whatever you are doing which needs 3x or 4x 680 GTXs is NOT going to work with only 2GB. AMD do know a thing or two about multi monitor support etc.

So yes your PSU is fine but don't do it coz it won't run right.
  7. Maximus_Delta said:
    You should of got 7970s... 3GB VRAM. Whatever you are doing which needs 3x or 4x 680 GTXs is NOT going to work with only 2GB. AMD do know a thing or two about multi monitor support etc.

So yes your PSU is fine but don't do it coz it won't run right.

I almost wet myself.....
  8. Im simply getting three because the box looks empty with just two.
    I wanted to build an awesome computer this year, with most of the stuff being pointlessly over powered, - just because i can. :P

Anyways I appreciate your answers to my question - the gentleman at the store said I would be stretching it with the 1200 PSU but you guys have made me more assured nothing should go wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone - I appreciate the quick replies on this forum.
  9. monsta said:
    I almost wet myself.....

Go change you diaper and wipe the drool from your chin that is drool right ? Nvidiot LOL HAHAHAHHAHA ! GTX 680 is good but once again a mantra has been sung from the nvidia sycophants.
  10. Anonymous said:
    Im simply getting three because the box looks empty with just two.
    I wanted to build an awesome computer this year, with most of the stuff being pointlessly over powered, - just because i can. :P

Anyways I appreciate your answers to my question - the gentleman at the store said I would be stretching it with the 1200 PSU but you guys have made me more assured nothing should go wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone - I appreciate the quick replies on this forum.

Thats Marketing.....they want you to buy a new power supply AND a new GTX 680..... more Money for them, less for you. But now the 1200 watt thanks to the 680's lower needed Wattage you can do 4 way most likely on a 1200 watt.

i know most people use a 750-850 for 2 way SLI and 3 way they use a 950 or 1000 watt. so 1200 will handle 4 way....

Don't pay those AMD Hater no mind. WHy does someone always have to comment "Buy ******" when the OP already got the parts..... Fan boys...... too many AMD Die Hards
  11. MMO Fan said:
    Go change you diaper and wipe the drool from your chin that is drool right ? Nvidiot LOL HAHAHAHHAHA ! GTX 680 is good but once again a mantra has been sung from the nvidia sycophants.

Look man.... People who want a 7970 will get a 7970... but this person has already got a 680...

Don't expect someone to go out and change his two way GTX 680 which beats a 7970....

I will probably never buy a Radeon..... Geforce is the way to go!. and Don't call people a idiot when the 680 and the 7970 are too close to call.
  12. The only slight problem is that the AX1200 only has 6 8 pin connectors so if you were to add another card you would have to use molex to 8 pin connectors.
  13. MMO Fan said:

Did I even mention Nvidia? I just thought it was funny, he already has two 680's

Now I will change my diaper cos your so funny I pooped myself
  14. Devastater6194 said:
    The only slight problem is that the AX1200 only has 6 8 pin connectors so if you were to add another card you would have to use molex to 8 pin connectors.

No he would have enough because 2x6pins for 4 cards equals 8
  15. yeah!as others said,it will run fine,here you go-
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-680-3way-sli-review/4
  16. monsta said:
    I almost wet myself.....

Haha, wet myself too xD
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Zotac Corsair Graphics