Sign in with
Your question

Screen corruption and hang during youtube playback

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2012 9:59:59 AM

Sometimes when watching youtube videos and once or twice, in game movies/intro movies for a game have caused my screen to corrupt and turn crosshatched purple with sound still playing, I think this may be either a flash, driver, or graphics hardware issue but I get no problems at all just navigating windows and playing actual game play, I've played games for hours on end with no incident but guaranteed at least once a day during a you tube vid it will happen.

I have a GTX560ti with the latest nvidia drivers
and an Asus p8z68-v-LX with the latest bios update and chipset drivers.
with 8gb of ripjaws 2033 ddr3's

can anyone shed any light on the possible causes of this?
a c 160 U Graphics card
April 5, 2012 2:49:08 PM

Downgrade the drivers to 295 version. Seems there is something happening with the new nVidia drivers and Flash.
April 5, 2012 3:02:23 PM

deviate_sic_01 said:
Sometimes when watching youtube videos and once or twice, in game movies/intro movies for a game have caused my screen to corrupt and turn crosshatched purple with sound still playing, I think this may be either a flash, driver, or graphics hardware issue but I get no problems at all just navigating windows and playing actual game play, I've played games for hours on end with no incident but guaranteed at least once a day during a you tube vid it will happen.

I have a GTX560ti with the latest nvidia drivers
and an Asus p8z68-v-LX with the latest bios update and chipset drivers.
with 8gb of ripjaws 2033 ddr3's

can anyone shed any light on the possible causes of this?

Hey :hello: 

As other poster stated, revert your gpu drivers. I would recommend uninstalling the drivers with driver sweeper then reinstall 295. My friend has a 560ti and he had same issues. What are your gpu temps by the way?
April 5, 2012 3:08:18 PM

Ah sounds about right, would have made sense to check nvidia forums first really, the asus monitor show's temps even at a few hours of load to be well within tolerance and if it was a temp problem i'd expect it to happen after playing for a few hours but it's completely stable in that situation so driver issues seems to be the root, although a lot of the posts also had Asus P8z68 at various iterations as well... either way i'm sure Nvidia will fix it soon, thanks for the replies guys.
!