Screen corruption and hang during youtube playback

deviate_sic_01

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Sometimes when watching youtube videos and once or twice, in game movies/intro movies for a game have caused my screen to corrupt and turn crosshatched purple with sound still playing, I think this may be either a flash, driver, or graphics hardware issue but I get no problems at all just navigating windows and playing actual game play, I've played games for hours on end with no incident but guaranteed at least once a day during a you tube vid it will happen.

I have a GTX560ti with the latest nvidia drivers
and an Asus p8z68-v-LX with the latest bios update and chipset drivers.
with 8gb of ripjaws 2033 ddr3's

can anyone shed any light on the possible causes of this?

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Hey :hello:

As other poster stated, revert your gpu drivers. I would recommend uninstalling the drivers with driver sweeper then reinstall 295. My friend has a 560ti and he had same issues. What are your gpu temps by the way?

deviate_sic_01

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Ah sounds about right, would have made sense to check nvidia forums first really, the asus monitor show's temps even at a few hours of load to be well within tolerance and if it was a temp problem i'd expect it to happen after playing for a few hours but it's completely stable in that situation so driver issues seems to be the root, although a lot of the posts also had Asus P8z68 at various iterations as well... either way i'm sure Nvidia will fix it soon, thanks for the replies guys.