Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to run 3D

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2012 11:56:16 AM

I am going to buy http://in.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG278H/ monitor and am going to build a PC (GTX 680 can run 3D) I was wondering whether I needed to connect to the monitor via the HDMI 1.4 port to play 3D

More about : run

April 5, 2012 11:59:37 AM

And I was just wondering if the nvidia vision 2 glasses would work with the nvidia vision 1 kit? I cant find information on this anywhere.
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:30:42 PM

Yes the nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses work with 3D vision 1. They are the same just with bigger lenses. Also 3D vision 2 works with Lightboost which helps a lot.
You can use either HDMI 1.4, D-sub or DVI-D for 3D.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2012 12:43:04 PM

Lets start from the beggining if you wan't to use nvidia 3D Vision at 1080p you will need DVI dual link, HDMI can't handle 1080p 120hz that is why you need DVI Dual link cable.

The nvidia 3d vision 2 technology IS the lightboost, meaning that if you have a 3D screen with lightboost you are already with nvidia 3d vision 2, the 3d vision 1 glasses will work in the same way, 3D vision glasses 2 also works with monitors without lightboost but a lot of people says that they create more ghosting on normal 3D vision because they are "bigger" causing the lens to reflect much, but yes they work.

I use 3D Vision 1 on a Benq XL2410T and it is the best gaming experience you can have, you will not be able to unplay 3D games lol. and i highly recomend 3d vision 2 screen if you can find one.
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:45:03 PM

oh ok thanks. last question, for the lightboost technology, are the 3d vision 2 glasses sufficient or is the 3d vision kit 2 also a requirement?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2012 12:52:02 PM

no you can use 3d vision kit 1 normally with lightboost, the 3D vision 2 glasses have some advantages but they do not are required to lightboost to work, they only changed 3D infrared receptor to the center, bigger lens, less weight. but you can buy a 3D vision normal kit + piramid and it will work with Lightboost same way.
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:56:17 PM

Would you say that there is a large difference between the 2 glasses? Enough to buy one over the other?
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:58:23 PM

And is the lighboost worth the extra money? Because I can easily find monitors that come with the nvidia 3d vision 1 kit and cost 300 bucks less than 3d lightboost monitors and nvidia kit2 combined :S
m
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2012 1:11:21 PM

yes lightboost worths the money, if you have a dark room to play you will be ok with 3d vision 1, but the lighboost increases a lot the screen brightness since you lost half of the light because of the glasses flickering this helps you to get close to a normal screen bright, by doing so, it allows you to lower screen contrast and gama by doing so reducing ghosting. what is not possible on 3D vision 1 screens.

I was going to buy benq XL2420T but here in Brazil was impossible to find at the time, and even benq could not help me, so the only solution for me was going for 3D vision 1, but if you can go with 3d vision 2 it is recommended.

About the 2 glasses, no there is not much difference but normally the price of the 3d vision 2 glasses is the same, so if you are going with lightboost would be nice to have the lightier glasses, some 3D vision 2 screens comes already with them, that is why they costs more, and normally the 3D emitter is inside the screen itself so you would not need to buy the 3D vision kit with the pyramid it is a nice solution.
April 5, 2012 1:19:06 PM

ok thank you. So would you say this monitor + 3d vision 2 kit is worth it? And for the necessary dual link cable, are they commonly found and will they work with the graphics card GTX 680? :S
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2012 1:55:14 PM

yes, they normally have with true 120hz monitors, i think that any 3D vision compatible display comes with it in the box, for better understanding here is a good image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f...

basically dual link have all the pins in the connector.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2012 1:55:30 PM

yes, they normally have with true 120hz monitors, i think that any 3D vision compatible display comes with it in the box, for better understanding here is a good image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f...

basically dual link have all the pins in the connector.
m
l
April 5, 2012 2:52:14 PM

Best answer selected by Need Help_71.
m
l
September 28, 2012 10:46:58 PM

ricardois said:
yes lightboost worths the money, if you have a dark room to play you will be ok with 3d vision 1, but the lighboost increases a lot the screen brightness since you lost half of the light because of the glasses flickering this helps you to get close to a normal screen bright, by doing so, it allows you to lower screen contrast and gama by doing so reducing ghosting. what is not possible on 3D vision 1 screens.

I was going to buy benq XL2420T but here in Brazil was impossible to find at the time, and even benq could not help me, so the only solution for me was going for 3D vision 1, but if you can go with 3d vision 2 it is recommended.

About the 2 glasses, no there is not much difference but normally the price of the 3d vision 2 glasses is the same, so if you are going with lightboost would be nice to have the lightier glasses, some 3D vision 2 screens comes already with them, that is why they costs more, and normally the 3D emitter is inside the screen itself so you would not need to buy the 3D vision kit with the pyramid it is a nice solution.

I have a question. I also have a 3d samsung monitor with nvidia 3d wireless glasses. However When I open the "nvidia control panel" , and click enable stereoscopic 3d, my monitor goes blank and says "check signal". What is going on? Also I just got a brand new evga card , so my pc should be able to run 3d.

I am using a dvi cable for my monitor, btw.

please help!.
m
l
a c 81 Î Nvidia
a c 133 C Monitor
September 28, 2012 11:02:39 PM

Stan_ASG said:
I have a question. I also have a 3d samsung monitor with nvidia 3d wireless glasses. However When I open the "nvidia control panel" , and click enable stereoscopic 3d, my monitor goes blank and says "check signal". What is going on? Also I just got a brand new evga card , so my pc should be able to run 3d.

I am using a dvi cable for my monitor, btw.

please help!.

Generally it is highly recommended to start your own thread, rather than bringing up an issue in someone elses, even if dead. In the future, you should remember that, because Mousemonkey will shut the down as fast as he can. They are sticklers for the rules here.

Anyways, when you first try to check to enable steroscopic 3D, it goes through a setup wizard. It seems that setup wizard is crashing on you. You might want to try reinstalling the drivers, using the latest on Nvidia's website.
m
l
!