1700$ gaming rig

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
ordering my new build Wednesday and wanted to make sure this is a good, optimized use of money. Primary use will be gaming, maybe some CS5 later on. No need for an OS, already have it. If better deals can be found elsewhere ime willing to buy from multiple sites.
http://amzn.com/w/2X760HGAD82ZM
thanks so much,
Eremyth

Solution

great build bro,one of the best i ever saw for $1700(assuming you are not overclocking).only suggestion-
Just pull the trigger.
and don't forget to make a build log so that we can help you tame this monster is a cleaner and better way ;)

hopz

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
The build looks pretty solid.
-I'm assuming you want to OC since you have the i5 3570K. But you are missing a heat sink. I would suggest the 212 EVO.

-You can get an amazing deal on the CPU/MOBO at Microcenter if you have one near you. You can get the i5 3570K for $190 and then a Asrock Extreme4 Z77, which would be perfect for you for $90 (it's normally $150).

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I usually do overclock but normally i wait until i notice the machine running a little slow. This way i get a little more longevity out of my parts, because in my opinion there is no point to overclocking if your system is already over killing for most games/daily tasks your doing. Its also one of the reasons I am getting a case w/ the motherboard tray to add aftermarket coolers, post-build.

hopz

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
That makes sense, it never hurts to have an after market cooler installed before you OC either, generally easier to install it when your originally building it, in case you want to OC later. But it's personal preference.

great build bro,one of the best i ever saw for $1700(assuming you are not overclocking).only suggestion-
Just pull the trigger.
and don't forget to make a build log so that we can help you tame this monster is a cleaner and better way ;)

Solution

eremyth

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

thanks, i was not planning on doing a build log, but now that you mention it, i think i will do it. Ordering Wednesday and everything is prime, so i will get it Friday :) Thanks for the input and advice, its always nice to get more then one mind's thoughts.