Sign in with
Your question

Rift lags, But my Pc passes tests.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2012 4:07:26 PM

Hi guys I have found myself in a bit of a snag, I pass all minimum requirements for Rift yet when I get in any type of combat from pve to pvp my game slows down. Any ideas?

From Systemrequirementslab.com's analysis:

CPU Speed
Minimum: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
You Have: 3.0GHz ((PASS))

RAM
Minimum: 2GB
You Have: 6GB ((PASS))

OS
Minimum: Windows Xp, Vista or 7
You have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64 bit ((PASS))

Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better
You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series ((PASS))

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: AMD High Definition Audio Device ((PASS))

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 8.0 GB
You Have: 427.7 GB ((PASS))

More about : rift lags passes tests

April 5, 2012 4:17:49 PM

Rfit is pretty even on CPU and GPU usage. Can you try turning down the graphics to low and see if it helps. If it stays the same or gets worse its likely a CPU issue.
m
l
April 5, 2012 4:23:30 PM

If you are running minimum specs, which it loosk like you are, cant expect to run it on anything other than minimum specs. If you are trying to run it at a large resolution or turning on the eye candy, dont. Itll hamper performance.
m
l
April 5, 2012 4:29:15 PM

Well, you passed the MINUMUM requirements indeed, but that's all the applet tests. I've always found those little things pretty useless, especially for MMOs where they almost always push the CPU more than the GPU.

You don't mention your exact CPU, resolution you play at, etc...

I played Rift for about 4-5 months on my old E8400 @ 3.6GHz, and it could get pretty bad in cities, PvP or during those insane invasions. I was gaming at 1920x1200 on a 4870 and the GPU was never maxed, the CPU however it was HELL (100% both cores)

I had to seriously gimp the graphics to have playable framerates (~35FPS in cities) on that setup.

m
l
!