Closed Solved

Upgrading from MSI gtx 460

This is my current rig:

- Amd 1090t @4.0 ghz

- Biostar A870U3 Ver. 6.x

- MSI gtx 460 1 GB GDDR5

- 8gb skill ram ddr3 1600

- PSU 650W

My question is what would be a good upgrade for my Graphics card ? My rig plays any game I throw at with some tweaks, some games such as battlefield 3 and skyrim. I know in the future games are going to get more and more demanding and are going to need high end graphics card. My budget is from $200 to $300

Note, I am new to the forums :D
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading
  1. Best answer
  2. 7850 is a GREAT card !
  3. if your system handles everything you throw at it you should hold off on upgrading. There is always something better / cheaper coming out.

The best time to upgrade is when you want something more, but it sounds like your current performance is working well for you.

I upgrade when my card can't really handle what I want it to do.

Of course this is up to you but I want to propose that you might hold off spending money now and wait until you get to a game that does not perform the way you want.
  4. You could get an overclocked EVGA 570 GTX for $280 after rebate. With tax that would fall within your budget. I'm not familiar enough with AMD CPUs to know if your CPU might bottleneck it though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130620
  5. Desert Eagle said:
    You could get an overclocked EVGA 570 GTX for $280 after rebate. With tax that would fall within your budget. I'm not familiar enough with AMD CPUs to know if your CPU might bottleneck it though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130620

$280 after rebate is NOT $280 pal GOD! you people and your dam rebates LOL
  6. I might as well as wait, I mean I haven't tried any games online, but I play battlefield 3 just fine at high settings 60 - 70 fps just fine on, Do the frames drop when playing online ?
  7. Just wait, dude. 5-6 weeks the most. I'm too waiting for 670/670ti. They may not fall within your budget but they'll bring other cards' prices down.
  8. Only fools wait and only the smart ones buy the best of the old stock.
  9. dia_naji said:
    I might as well as wait, I mean I haven't tried any games online, but I play battlefield 3 just fine at high settings 60 - 70 fps just fine on, Do the frames drop when playing online ?

Yes they do.You can expect about a 10-20% performance hit when playing on a 64 man server.

I would also vote for the 7850.It's a great card,a good upgrade over your current GTX460 and it can O.C. really well if you choose to do so.Also the Twin Frozr refillable suggested is a really outstanding aftermarket cooler.And with your current PSU you can run them in crossfire without worrying about power.
  10. Best answer selected by dia_naji.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product MSI-Microstar