Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard - Video Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2012 5:18:54 PM

Hello,
I have an AMD Athlon II X4 630 4gb ram, 32-bit OS and ATI Radeon HD4200 on the motherboard. I also have a GeForce GTS 250 PCI-E card installed. However, I find that the 250 is not being recognized by the PC. How can I resolve this conundrum?

More about : motherboard video card

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 5:22:23 PM

VGPete47 said:
Hello,
I have an AMD Athlon II X4 630 4gb ram, 32-bit OS and ATI Radeon HD4200 on the motherboard. I also have a GeForce GTS 250 PCI-E card installed. However, I find that the 250 is not being recognized by the PC. How can I resolve this conundrum?

http://geforce.com/drivers

Did you Download the drivers?
m
l
April 5, 2012 6:16:23 PM

Had to install Java. Installed the right driver, but it doesn't recognize a GeForce device on my pc.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2012 7:26:34 PM

first of all, make sure you picked the right driver manually. If you are sure that you are really sure but still not detecting, follow these steps

Shut down your computer and plug the monitor cables off

then, make sure your GPU is properly installed, then plug the monitor cable on to the graphics card. After, you should be able to boot normally, then try installing your drivers.

If still it doesn't recognize your card, try going to the motherboard BIOS and change graphics settings so that it'll use PCI-E only (should be available through the options), or try disabling integrated graphics (again should be available through the options).
m
l
!