Are these computer specs ok?

I would like to ask if the following specs are ok to be put together. (e.g those the power supply have enough watt?)

CPU:
AMD, Bulldozer, FX6100, 6 Cores
Graphics card: HIS, ATI, 6850, 1gb DDR5 Crossfire (so 2 HIS 6850)
Motherboard: Asrock 870 iCafe R2.0
Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Series 650-Watt Power Supply ATX
RAM:
4G(2x2GB) Corsair Vengeance LP-Black 1.5V
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower Case
Hard Drive: 500gb
28 answers Last reply
More about computer specs
  1. The PSU -> get CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

was: $119.99 ->$89.99 -> $69.99 after mail-in rebate card + FREE SHIPPING

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

The RAM - not enough, get 8GB, especially when u have the W 7 HP 64 bit.
  2. And this issue : )

The RAM - not enough, get 8GB, especially when u have the W 7 HP 64 bit.

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196

Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
  3. Isn't the cooler master psu ok?
  4. The COOLER MASTER Silent Pro line is great, the others are average.
  5. For PSU's, stick with Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, or XFX. The PSU is the most important part of your system, if you have a bad one it could ruin your other parts, EXPENSIVE parts. Don't risk it, get a good PSU. Even the more budget Antec PSU's are high quality (like the $50-70 NEO Eco)
  6. Well just asking, is my psu now ok? or stick with a new one? Because I really want to have a cheap but reliable and good psu
  7. Do you have the CM power supply already, or is it on its way? If you already have it, you can use it, its certinaly better than a Diablotek or something, just not quiet a Tier 2 or Tier 1 supply.
  8. How much did u pay for it?
  9. nktleung said:
    Well just asking, is my psu now ok? or stick with a new one? Because I really want to have a cheap but reliable and good psu

I have a 6 years old 500W CM PSU and it still goes strong, had it for a while running on 2600K @ 4.6GHz

and no problem.

I just exchange the fan for Antec one and it works fine.

It just isn't build for hard gaming, where the PSU is a key to success : )

Get it, there is always something better out there and here,

we like to tell u if there is something better, that's all : )
  10. Keep the PSU, but the RAM surely up to 8GB!
  11. Ok, thanks bro, now I feel safer to build my PC. (I'm gonna change my my ram to 8 gb)
    btw, is kingston 8 gb ram ok? 2 sticks of 4gb ram.
  12. Sure is, @ 1.5V is even better @ 1600MHz would be nice : )
  13. BTW, I have the same case, it has GREAT cooling for a budget case. Make sure to order at least 1 extra fan, it only comes with 1 intake. I recommend the Scythe 120mm fans, they are ultra quiet. And with the clear window, you might want to look into the red G.SKILL RAM modules, they looks pretty BA.

Personally, I moved the blue LED fan it comes with to the rear as exhaust, bought the cheap Kingwin 120mm fan for intake in the front (its a slow and quiet fan) and ordered another fan to put in the top as exhaust by the CPU.
  14. Yer, the case is quite neat but if I add another fan, it will be over budget. Maybe when I have more $$ I'll get a fan to put at the rear. (near the cpu area)
  15. U can always add it latter : )
  16. nktleung said:
    Yer, the case is quite neat but if I add another fan, it will be over budget. Maybe when I have more $$ I'll get a fan to put at the rear. (near the cpu area)

If you are only going to use the blue LED fan that it comes with (which moves a decent amount of air), make sure you move it to the rear as exhaust and just not have an intake fan. Then later when you buy another fan you can do some rearranging or just keep the blue fan in the back (which is what I did, it looks nice with the side window)
  17. Hmm, but in my perspective, I see the front more than the side panel, its kinda in a bit over 90 degree angle. BTW, I might get a new fan when I have more $$. lol
  18. But overall, all my specs are ok right? (except for the ram)
  19. All is just fine. Enough of the power, decent GPU and CPU. Will run fine.
  20. O yer, sorry to bother u guys again, but if i crossfire, same 6850, do i need more watt or is 650 watt ok?
  21. It should be @ around 600W, so u are fine.
  22. You shouldn't be crossfiring cards if you can't afford an extra fan. You will not have good cooling with a Bulldozer chip and 2 GPU's with only 1 fan. In fact, it will be terrible.
  23. True, But it's a gift from a friend, the gpu, and I don't want to waste it. So, just gonna wait until I buy a new 120 mm fan
  24. nktleung said:
    True, But it's a gift from a friend, the gpu, and I don't want to waste it. So, just gonna wait until I buy a new 120 mm fan

Don't put the 2nd GPU in until you get another fan.

And have HWMonitor up all the time checking temps.
  25. Vettedude said:
    For PSU's, stick with Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, or XFX. The PSU is the most important part of your system, if you have a bad one it could ruin your other parts, EXPENSIVE parts. Don't risk it, get a good PSU. Even the more budget Antec PSU's are high quality (like the $50-70 NEO Eco)

Right on with everything but the budget Antec PSUs. They are a bit of a mixed bag. High end models are superb... low end are meh in my experience.
  26. ElMoIsEviL said:
    Right on with everything but the budget Antec PSUs. They are a bit of a mixed bag. High end models are superb... low end are meh in my experience.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

All currently produced Antec supplies (except Basiq, and if you buy one for a modern PC, you shouldn't be building your own anyway) are in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 2b.
  27. I like Kingston modules,
    Nothing fancy but they are stable products.
  28. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Supplies Systems Product