Which 7870?

Hey,

I think I am stuck with the idea of getting the HD 7870. Looks decent and quiet.

What I need answering now is which one??? they're are so many different brands. Example: Sapphire, Gigabyte and ATI I just don't know what each of them are good for, how quiet they are and what is the actual difference??

I've heard a few people mention the Sapphire OC edition is a good option.

So with money not being an option what would you, the community recommend?

As always thanks in advance.

Joe :)
13 answers Last reply
More about which 7870
  1. Try reading the reviews from owners, that's the best place to find out about how loud they are.

I tend to go for the one that has the best cooling and warranty.
  2. Ok I will look into that, any idea where I can find such reviews? As i'm guessing most owners will be bias about their own card
  3. The DCII from Asus or the saphire OC are probably the best ones out right now.
  4. I like Sapphire. That maybe the HD 7870 I will get, but save the money and OC the card yourself. Since the are only OC 50-100 mhz from stock settings, which you can do yourself. The stock ones will OC like the pre OC'd cards!!!!
  5. ern88 said:
    I like Sapphire. That maybe the HD 7870 I will get, but save the money and OC the card yourself. Since the are only OC 50-100 mhz from stock settings, which you can do yourself. The stock ones will OC like the pre OC'd cards!!!!

Thanks so that save about £10. :) So will I definitely easily be able to OC myself?
  6. Yes. AMD Overdrive makes it very simple.
  7. Yup, Remember, Save your Money!!!!!
  8. I personally got the Asus DCUII 7870 and love it. Reason for picking the Asus over other brands was my 4870 was an Asus had no problems with it so I stuck to them this time around too. As someone else stated go for the one with the best cooling and warranty which are Gigabyte, Asus & XFX.
  9. Can someone tell me if that website is real please? ifso those GPU are very cheap
  10. Their prices exclude VAT which is 20%
  11. Their prices exclude VAT which is 20%
  12. ive read a review of the website anyway and its 2 stars supposedly awful place to buy things
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics