PSU seems louder than it should be.

JJ1217

Honorable
Hey, I have a really cheap Widetech 650W PSU, which is overkill for my system, but still gets the job done. I feel that it seems very loud, as after changing my cases I discovered it wasn't my CPU fan being loud, but actually my PSU. Lets just say, in my HAF X, its noise can be easily heard with all four fans running at 80%. Not to mention I normally have my fans at 40%, which is dead silent. My PSU is bottom mounted, with the fan facing the base of the case. Its a cheap PSU, only around $80, but I got it for free. I'm thinking of upgrading to a modular PSU later this year, as the cables are too short for me to effectively use the cable management. Do you guys think I could temporarily solve this problem until I get a new PSU? (Most likely to be a Corsair AX750 or a OCZ ZT 750)

AM2A

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
You could replace the fan in the power supply. I'm not familiar with your power supply, so I don't know how easy it would be. Sometimes the fans just plug into the power supply using a regular fan connector. You'd have to check if that is true for your power supply, and check to make sure the fan that's in there doesn't use some weird voltage. Any time you pop open a power supply you risk screwing it up.

TRENDING THREADS