Removing A Shortcut Key

January 23, 2005 8:16:08 PM

I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I should
of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
already exists.

How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?

Thanks

More about : removing shortcut key

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 11:58:18 PM

Delete the existing Shortcut; then create one to the new executable file.
Gene K

JCO wrote:
> I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
> application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I should
> of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
> same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
> already exists.
>
> How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:39:33 AM

Reboot

http://www.uscricket.com
" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sZQId.10503$J6.9270@trnddc02...
>I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
> application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I should
> of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
> same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
> already exists.
>
> How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?
>
> Thanks

January 24, 2005 7:39:34 AM

Thanks David, that work fine.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Reboot

http://www.uscricket.com
" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
> application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I
should
> of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
> same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
> already exists.
>
> How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:41:55 AM

The problem is that the old exe was deleted before the new one could get a
shortcut key assigned. Therefore that option did not exist. Problem has
been resolved by rebooting. I did not know that old shortcuts automatically
resolve themselves after rebooting. The shortcut has now been put on the
new exe.
Thanks anyway.

"Not Me" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:o zgTtgbAFHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Delete the existing Shortcut; then create one to the new executable file.
> Gene K
>
> JCO wrote:
> > I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
> > application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I
should
> > of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
> > same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
> > already exists.
> >
> > How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 4:10:41 PM

Ctrl + Alt or F12 should not be used as hotkeys.

Ctrl + Alt = Alt Gr
F12 is always reserved for an external debugger.

And don't whinge back at me that the dialog suggests Ctrl + Alt, the dialog is stupid.

http://www.uscricket.com
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:uTujKKXAFHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Reboot

http://www.uscricket.com
" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sZQId.10503$J6.9270@trnddc02...
>I created a "Shortcut Key" to an icon (Ctrl + Alt + Q) to launch an
> application. I now upgraded the application to the 2005 version. I should
> of deleted the shortcut key first but I did not. Now I can't create the
> same Shortcut Key to the new version because the computer thinks that it
> already exists.
>
> How can I get rid of the Shortcut Key, so that I can re-create it?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:01:25 PM

The hotkeys are built at every logon. Windows looks on all shortcuts and gets the keys out and registers them.

http://www.uscricket.com

!