How to uninstall windows8 return to xp pro

I accidentally downloaded windows8 trial version it has been a nightmare 4 me is there anyone who could help me out in getting back to XP??
5 answers Last reply
More about uninstall windows8 return
  1. complete format of the drive this could help http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-uninstall-windows-8/
  2. I believe Windows 8 overwrites any previous Operating System. There was a choice on whether to keep certain programs or data (such as your "Documents" folder). If you have critical data there, copy to another drive.

Basically you have to REINSTALL your old copy of Windows because you overwrote it.
  3. Hi :non: this is very simple & short trick to remove/uninstall windows 8 safely by keeping Win 7 as well as XP cehck it out

:bounce: :bounce: Easily Uninstall Windows 8 safely http://goo.gl/0cGxh :sol: :sol:
  4. Brianathony said:
    I accidentally downloaded windows8 trial version it has been a nightmare 4 me is there anyone who could help me out in getting back to XP??

i also installed windows 8 and cant get on with it at all. I want to go back to XP also. It appears you have to have an XP disc which didn"t come with my computer as it was already installed on there
  5. Well, first of all it would be very interesting to learn how you could have downloaded and installed an OS without knowing you were doing it. But I will move on to my answer.
    I had some issues trying to remove the Windows 7 RC from a HDD and I'll bet Windows 8 has similar issues.
    The first thing to try is to...go into the System Setup immediately after starting the computer. You will need to change the Boot Order so that your machine will Boot from CD/DVD Drive. **After the initial installation the computer will Reboot to finish the installation...as soon as it restarts you need to go back into System Setup and change the Boot Order back to the original configuration.
    That should take care of the problem and should allow for reinstallation of your chosen OS. ....but if it doesn't a stronger method may be required.
    I always FORMAT, FDISK, with DOS. You need a Floppy Drive and a Floppy Disk with a Recovery file or even an old Windows 98 Startup file will work.
    Basically you want to remove the Partitions and Format the drive. After doing that the OS installation should go easily.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 8 Windows XP