Windows XP now making me reenter password from Welcome scr..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen and
turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor after a
certain period of time. This seems to have started immediately after I
installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody know what could have
happened, or what settings I need to check (I think they all looked the same
as before, but I could be wrong)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
Install the .NET Framework 1.1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OUobDNYAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen
> and turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor
> after a certain period of time. This seems to have started
> immediately after I installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody
> know what could have happened, or what settings I need to check (I
> think they all looked the same as before, but I could be wrong)? Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks. --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> www.nathansokalski.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I probably forgot to mention that I do want the Welcome screen to appear
when I boot my computer, because my username does have a password, it is
only when returning from the Turn off monitor: setting in Power Option ->
Power Schemes is reached that I did not want to see the Welcome screen. But
luckily I was just looking in the wrong place. Somehow the On resume,
display Welcome screen option got selected in the Screen Saver settings, so
I just had to uncheck that. But I still greatly appreciate your quick
response and effort. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

> PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
> Install the .NET Framework 1.1
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072
>
> What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OUobDNYAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen
>> and turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor
>> after a certain period of time. This seems to have started
>> immediately after I installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody
>> know what could have happened, or what settings I need to check (I
>> think they all looked the same as before, but I could be wrong)? Any
>> help would be appreciated. Thanks. --
>> Nathan Sokalski
>> njsokalski@hotmail.com
>> www.nathansokalski.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

No, you mentioned that. I just didn't read it correctly. :)

Glad you got it fixed.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes