Windows XP now making me reenter password from Welcome scr..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen and
turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor after a
certain period of time. This seems to have started immediately after I
installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody know what could have
happened, or what settings I need to check (I think they all looked the same
as before, but I could be wrong)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

    PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
    Install the .NET Framework 1.1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

    What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OUobDNYAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen
    > and turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor
    > after a certain period of time. This seems to have started
    > immediately after I installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody
    > know what could have happened, or what settings I need to check (I
    > think they all looked the same as before, but I could be wrong)? Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks. --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    > njsokalski@hotmail.com
    > www.nathansokalski.com
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    I probably forgot to mention that I do want the Welcome screen to appear
    when I boot my computer, because my username does have a password, it is
    only when returning from the Turn off monitor: setting in Power Option ->
    Power Schemes is reached that I did not want to see the Welcome screen. But
    luckily I was just looking in the wrong place. Somehow the On resume,
    display Welcome screen option got selected in the Screen Saver settings, so
    I just had to uncheck that. But I still greatly appreciate your quick
    response and effort. Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski
    njsokalski@hotmail.com

    > PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
    > Install the .NET Framework 1.1
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072
    >
    > What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
    > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OUobDNYAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome screen
    >> and turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the monitor
    >> after a certain period of time. This seems to have started
    >> immediately after I installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody
    >> know what could have happened, or what settings I need to check (I
    >> think they all looked the same as before, but I could be wrong)? Any
    >> help would be appreciated. Thanks. --
    >> Nathan Sokalski
    >> njsokalski@hotmail.com
    >> www.nathansokalski.com

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    No, you mentioned that. I just didn't read it correctly. :-)

    Glad you got it fixed.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eNxZxdZAFHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I probably forgot to mention that I do want the Welcome screen to
    > appear when I boot my computer, because my username does have a
    > password, it is only when returning from the Turn off monitor:
    > setting in Power Option -> Power Schemes is reached that I did not
    > want to see the Welcome screen. But luckily I was just looking in the
    > wrong place. Somehow the On resume, display Welcome screen option got
    > selected in the Screen Saver settings, so I just had to uncheck that.
    > But I still greatly appreciate your quick response and effort. Thanks.
    > --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    > njsokalski@hotmail.com
    > www.nathansokalski.com

    >> PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP
    >> After You Install the .NET Framework 1.1
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072
    >>
    >> What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
    >> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:OUobDNYAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    >> Nathan Sokalski <njsokalski@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Recently, Windows XP Professional started going to the Welcome
    >>> screen and turning off the monitor instead of just turning off the
    >>> monitor after a certain period of time. This seems to have started
    >>> immediately after I installed Visual Studio .NET 2003. Does anybody
    >>> know what could have happened, or what settings I need to check (I
    >>> think they all looked the same as before, but I could be wrong)? Any
    >>> help would be appreciated. Thanks. --
    >>> Nathan Sokalski
    >>> njsokalski@hotmail.com
    >>> www.nathansokalski.com

Configuration Windows XP Monitors Customization Microsoft