Best way to cap eyefinity long therm solution ?

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I'm building no budget limit gaming PC but even if I don't have a limit I'm not willing to trow my money out of the windows. So I'm wondering what you guys would think is the best solution ?

I want something that could run even the incoming games at max quality with 4AA on a 3 monitors set-up.

So I was planing to go a little oversized PSU (so I don't have to upgrade it at the same time of my GPU's) and I was planing about going 2x 680gtx 4gb sli and then I could had a third one just before they release the next generations of GPUs (so I can get it at a lower price).

I hope that such a 3 way sli set-up could last trough the next generation GPUs so I could just upgrade the cards when they will release the Nvidia 800s and radeon 9000s

Such a plan sound about right ? Or their is flaws in it ?

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Sounds like a solid plan to me just pick up a nice 1000-1200 watt PSU. If you do even plan on going for four 680's make sure it has 8 PCI-E ports although 1200 watts is enough to power four cards most of them only support three cards.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I dont thing anyone can confirm that statement, but it all depends on how you want to play the games, quality speaking.
You can run almost every game today with a GTX285 (maybe not many generations behind, but models for sure). Maybe not at max, but pretty high, off course not 3 monitors, but still...
My point is that, probably a GTX680 SLI x3 its gonna last a very long time...but who knows...(this is without taking into account the fact the hardware can have problems when used intensively).

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

I already bought the PSU because it was a combo with the case I wanted:

case is a corsair obsidian 800d with a 1200w PSU (corsair also).

As to the second poster I stated 3 monitor set-up ultra quality with 4aa.

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Already bought the rams 16gb 1600Hz (corsair vengence 4x4Gb). Went for that much of ram because they are so cheap nowadays, went for that speed because I'm doing some minor video editing.

As for the CPU I'll go for either the i5-2500k or its ivy-bridge counter part with that mobo probably but I'm open to sugestion: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131700

Their is a possibility that I'll go for the i7-2600k but I'm not doing a lot of multi threading stuff so.

everything is watercooled.