assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
hi,
I bought a new corsair cx 430.
i connected it and ran a game for 30 mins
(my room temp=30 c.)
i am now getting all my computer components hotter than before it has only been the second day of using this brand new psu.
cpu temp
was 45 c at max now it is 48.
mobo 41 now 44.
gpu(hd 6670) was 58 now 62.
the hardisk also feels much more warmer.
the psu also is also a little wamer than the cheap local psu i used to run.
no overclocking done.
what should i do?

dingo07

Distinguished
do nothing but watch the temps - it's possible the computer is now running at the capacity it Should've been running at all along

it's possibly your cheap ps didn't provided the necessary juice the components needed to be at 100%

---

you could also work out a better airflow system - and make sure your fans are working properly

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

but the case feels warmer than it did for 4 months

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
all the fans are working properly
could this be a problem with the psu
it should not be with the old psu because it was 450 w and it had enough amps on the 12v rail
can this type of problems be caused due to bad psu?

What was your Room temp 4 months ago???

Normal temps are reported with a room temp of 22 C (72F), Your Room is 30 C (86 F).
For every one Degree F your system components will be 1 C Higher (about a 1.5 to 1 effect).
You are 14 F higher than norm, your system will be about 14 C higher than average.

Generally changing out a PSU should NOT effect system temps. One qualifier is how the PSU expells it heat. The PSU fan should be orientated to Pull air OUT the case. Depending on other case fans, and PSU fan Blowing out should not significantly alter inside case temp. Cooling on the GPU and CPU is dependent on air temp inside the case.

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
could this be caused because of any lose connections?
or because of any psu manufacturing defects?
the avreage temprature here in the tropics is always 30 c.
if it is a problem with the psu i can get a free replacement from the retailer within 30 days

dingo07

Distinguished

Yeah, if you don't have air conditioning

in that case, if you've got open air your computer will die much sooner from the salty damp air

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
hey,
i found the source of my problem.
the psu that i used to own(old one) had a 80mm fan which directly blew the hot air out,
but now the new psu has a 120mm fan but the air is pulled from under it and expelled out so there is now a little less airflow than i used to have even though it is a 120mm,
so i bought a new case fan and mounted it on the case(i did not have any before)
now when i checked the temps
cpu: was 48c now 41c.
mb :was 45c now 36c.
gpu : was 62c now 54c.

PROBLEM SOLVED.