Sign in with
Your question

Sound Blaster Xi fi titanium

Last response: in Components
October 1, 2012 2:14:26 PM

I recently installed the creative sound blaster titanium hd into my new build. I have connected it to the motherboard via the PCI express slot but the intruction manual doesn't state whether the hd audio cable, comming from the case, also fits into the sound card, or does it stay connected to the motherboard itself :heink: 

Can anybody with this sound card successfully installed, please enlighten me?

Cheers in advance

More about : sound blaster titanium

a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2012 2:55:04 PM

The front panel connector of your case has to go to the card, otherwise you will get no audio out of it. Even win7 can only handle one audio device at a time and that's the one set as standard output device in control panel. You can leave the cable from the case plug in the onboard audio, but then you have to switch the standard audio output and of cause get only the quality of the onboard device. Obviously not what you wanted. ;) 
October 1, 2012 4:31:30 PM

noidea_77 said:
The front panel connector of your case has to go to the card, otherwise you will get no audio out of it. Even win7 can only handle one audio device at a time and that's the one set as standard output device in control panel. You can leave the cable from the case plug in the onboard audio, but then you have to switch the standard audio output and of cause get only the quality of the onboard device. Obviously not what you wanted. ;) 

By "front panel connector" do you mean the case cable labled "hd audio"- to unplug this from the motherboard and into the sound card instead?
a b V Motherboard
October 2, 2012 6:54:09 AM

RedPringles said:
By "front panel connector" do you mean the case cable labled "hd audio"- to unplug this from the motherboard and into the sound card instead?

Yes!
Related resources
!