pc specs that i want,are they good?

yenzas

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hey there these are the specs i'd like to know if a computer with these specs be good for gaming : battlefield 3,etc.

CPU - i7 2600K
GPU - GTX 670 GIGABITE WINDFORCE OC EDITION
PSU - 700 W ATX
RAM - 8GB 1600 DDR3
MB - GIGABITE Z68 ATX
Case - MID TOWER pavyzdzui Zalman Z11 ir t.t.
HDD - 500GB 7200RPM

and if not,then what would you change?

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i7 is not necessary for gaming. Just get an i5 200k.

For your PSU, if you plan to SLI in the future, get a 750W one. If not, the get a 550W one. Make sure you get it from a reliable/reputable brand such as Seasonic, OCZ, Corsair, Antec, etc.)

I would add an SSD for boot drive. 128 Gb is ideal because you can add a few games along with Windows. 60 Gb will be fine though. Boot times will significantly increase (my Windows literally takes 5 seconds from boot to home screen). Not really essential though.

Is there any particular reason you're not going for Ivy Bridge + z77?

You should fill out the new build form in the new build section otherwise your just going to get a lot of questions such as:

Why not Ivy Bridge?

Do you plan to SLI in the future?

What 700w psu?

Are you planning to overclock? If so why not an aftermarket cooler?

yenzas

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Wont i get any bottlenecking with i5?about Ivy and z77 i dont really know, i have a feeling that they are a little more expensive, my price cap is 3300 litas(which is about 1200 dollars),and everything is very very expensive here,and i dont want to buy like from newegg,cuz off the shipping,i am afraid to get my hardware in broken pieces :D,as for sli,no,well maybe,but in future,maybe.and what i5 processor do you mean?i5 2500k?iam really really bad at computer science and all that,what is a boot drive?and how is it linked to the ssd?is it needed?like crucial?

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
No, there will be no bottlenecks with an i5. What I meant was i5 2500k.

A Boot Drive is where you install your Windows or any programs you wish (where they will "boot"). Makes boot times faster but performance, not really. Like I said, you don't need it but it is a great thing to have.

Ivy and z77 are more expensive. Just stick with Sandy Bridge then. Performance-wise the difference is very minimal.