Help me pick an mATX case!

I currently have a decent build centered around an mATX motherboard. It is all inside a normal case and I want to do something different and more interesting. Help me find a cube or some other interesting case that is cheap and small. (Do not want an mATX tower. Hence something "interesting") Interested in lan boxes and what not also. Just want to keep it VERY cheap.

My build has a normal power supply (antec 450w), normal CPU heat sink, and an HD7770.

Also has one 3.5 HDD, one DVD drive, and a fan controller that doesn't need to be included if space is an object.

Thanks! All case ides welcome!

da22

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

I have just bought that case, it bloody small but all fits in ok!

If you want a cube check out the SUGO series.. think 02 was cheap ish...

da22

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
the fractal core 1000 gets hot,i read a bunch of reviews on it. it depends on what you have in the case though....

Fans barely whirl up with the junk inside my case and that's before i bought the above mentioned fans. Great tiny case with noted airflow characteristics.

Have you got the link to the reivews, id like to make sure im not making the same mistakes as the reviews. :eek:

G

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5736/fractal-design-core-1000-how-little-is-too-little

yeah it really does depend on what you put in it ... if i remember correctly, they tested the temps with stuff designed to get hot

other than that...i think this is pretty good case for its price.

da22

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Ah yeah I read that review, they seem to contradict themselves a bit in the conclusion and did you see their build..cables everywhere!! :)

There's no doubt the case you recommended is far better but for the £26 I paid I think it works perfect. Best budget case I have ever come across