Will this work on my system?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2012 5:32:24 AM

I just bought a Dell Vostro 260 mini tower

My specs:

Cpu: i3-2120
Ram: 4GB (2x2GB)
HD: Seagate 500GB
PSU: 250w (I think it was 18A on the +12v)
Gpu:The onboard HD2000 i think
There's a optical drive and some sd card reader.

Considering the psu is so weak, I was wondering if the Radeon 7750 will work on this pc.
If it does work will it fit cause the tower is kinda thin. Measurements of top of the case is 4 inches wide.

More about : work system

April 6, 2012 5:49:57 AM

You Will Be Fine
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 6, 2012 5:50:15 AM

You will have to get a low-profile card to fit in that case
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2012 3:54:21 AM

It doesnt really matter for you, because as I said in my previous post, you will need a low profile card to fit into that dinky 4 inch wide case. Click your own link for that gigabyte card and open the "details" tab. It says right there that the card is 5.4 inches wide. The bracket on the front of the card is about 4.75 inches. I just went and measured 3 different video cards I have laying around, and the mounting bracket is about 4.75 on all of them. Hella-D, said you will be fine, but he either didnt catch the part about the narrow case, or he has no idea what is going on, but you need a low profile card..or a new case
m
l
April 8, 2012 8:09:16 PM

Oh I just looked at the details of the HIS card and not the gigabyte one so i didn't see the measurements. Thanks for the info on that. Do you know what is the most powerful card I could get that will fit?
m
l
!