ANN: PHM Plus! 1.3

January 24, 2005 5:15:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

PHM Plus! is a set of freeware customization utilities for Windows XP and
Windows Server 2003

Updated:
========
This version adds an utility to change the boot image, without the need for
modified ntoskrnl.exe files.
Existing utilities also have been improved, see the new help file for more
information.

Contents:
=========
- Drive Customize (select icons and labels for your drives and removable
disks)
- Folder Appearance (select a background image, and the colors for any
folder)
- Folder Customize (select an icon, description and localization for any
folder)
- File Customize (select an icon, description and localization for most
files)
- System Folder Custom. (select icons, labels and InfoTips for system
folders such as My Computer)
- Boot Screen Customize (change the boot screen image)
- Clock (deskband clock, integrating into the TaskBar or a SideBar)
- Slideshow (deskband pictures slideshow, integrating into a SideBar)
- Note (deskband note pad, integrating into a SideBar)
- Filesystem Flags (adds follow-up tracking capabilities to your NTFS
volumes)
- Wallpapers (some pictures)

See the web site for more details, screenshots and downloads:
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PC/Plus

Comments and suggestions are welcome :-)

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)

More about : ann phm

January 24, 2005 5:15:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

And by the way, who is Ann?

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Philippe Majerus, MS-MVP Mobile Devices" <Use:
http://www.majerus.net/ContactUs/EMail.aspx?to=phm&gt; wrote in message

> PHM Plus! is a set of freeware customization utilities for Windows XP and
> Windows Server 2003
>
> Updated:
> ========
> This version adds an utility to change the boot image, without the need
> for modified ntoskrnl.exe files.
> Existing utilities also have been improved, see the new help file for more
> information.
>
> Contents:
> =========
> - Drive Customize (select icons and labels for your drives and removable
> disks)
> - Folder Appearance (select a background image, and the colors for any
> folder)
> - Folder Customize (select an icon, description and localization for any
> folder)
> - File Customize (select an icon, description and localization for most
> files)
> - System Folder Custom. (select icons, labels and InfoTips for system
> folders such as My Computer)
> - Boot Screen Customize (change the boot screen image)
> - Clock (deskband clock, integrating into the TaskBar or a SideBar)
> - Slideshow (deskband pictures slideshow, integrating into a SideBar)
> - Note (deskband note pad, integrating into a SideBar)
> - Filesystem Flags (adds follow-up tracking capabilities to your NTFS
> volumes)
> - Wallpapers (some pictures)
>

> See the web site for more details, screenshots and downloads:
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PC/Plus
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome :-)
>

> --
> Philippe Majerus
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
> Software, Documentation and stuff - http://www.phm.lu

January 24, 2005 5:15:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

MVP or not, this is SPAM. Move on......

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Philippe Majerus, MS-MVP Mobile Devices" <Use:
http://www.majerus.net/ContactUs/EMail.aspx?to=phm&gt; wrote in message

> PHM Plus! is a set of freeware customization utilities for Windows XP and
> Windows Server 2003
>
> Updated:
> ========
> This version adds an utility to change the boot image, without the need
> for modified ntoskrnl.exe files.
> Existing utilities also have been improved, see the new help file for more
> information.
>
> Contents:
> =========
> - Drive Customize (select icons and labels for your drives and removable
> disks)
> - Folder Appearance (select a background image, and the colors for any
> folder)
> - Folder Customize (select an icon, description and localization for any
> folder)
> - File Customize (select an icon, description and localization for most
> files)
> - System Folder Custom. (select icons, labels and InfoTips for system
> folders such as My Computer)
> - Boot Screen Customize (change the boot screen image)
> - Clock (deskband clock, integrating into the TaskBar or a SideBar)
> - Slideshow (deskband pictures slideshow, integrating into a SideBar)
> - Note (deskband note pad, integrating into a SideBar)
> - Filesystem Flags (adds follow-up tracking capabilities to your NTFS
> volumes)
> - Wallpapers (some pictures)
>

> See the web site for more details, screenshots and downloads:
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PC/Plus
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome :-)
>

> --
> Philippe Majerus
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
> Software, Documentation and stuff - http://www.phm.lu

January 24, 2005 3:57:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Greetings *Kelly*, and you flamed :

> MVP or not, this is SPAM. Move on......

It might not be of my businesses to jump in here like a hair in the soup but
;

I personaly don't classify it as a spam.
These are utilities as Phil told you to improve the use of Windows. And
these, you can be sure they are free of junks like spywares etc...

You personaly might have not liked it, but we'll see if you are the only
one....

Also, next time, try to calm down and stay polite, he didn't agress you as
far as I can see.

I prefer thinking you've just missed a good chance of skiping a reply on
that one

And by the way : ANN = Announcement ...his only mistake was to not have
writen [Announcement] or [ANN]

Best regards, & have a good day

--
Pierre Moreau
[MVP-Windows]

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Philippe and all Newsgroup,

I found PHM Plus! a little while ago and I can endorse it, even if at the
moment all I use it for is the clock which is really good - you can put it
anywhere (on any border of the desktop or on the task bar), and it reloads
every time to the same place.
--

From just an ordinary user,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 8:00:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

>> Comments and suggestions are welcome :-)

> MVP or not, this is SPAM. Move on......

I never thought that letting some people know about utilities I spent a lot
of time to write and distribute for free, trying to make their experience
more enjoyable, would be considered a bad behavior.
I guess my ideas on the term "community" are just plain wrong, as I though
it included sharing and trying to provide things we create to our peers, and
discuss with them to build next versions based on feedback and ideas
exchanged.
Thank you for explaining me my mistake, at least now I know that this should
be considered a FAQ-Only newsgroup, and that other kind of contributions are
not welcome.

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
Software, Documentation and stuff - http://www.phm.lu
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:58:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hmmm!

I have already posted on this topic. I was glad to find PHM Plus! and look
forward to investigating its further use. If I had seen it as an
announcement here earlier, it would have saved me a bit if googling, so I am
grateful to Philippe for his intentions.

And I don't see any indication that he is profiting from his work; au
contraire, he must have spent a lot of his time creating this facility. This
is a true sense of cooperation with the community.

Why did no-one complain about David Candy when he posted the Windows UI
Guide on 08/01/2005 (Australian date format)? It was similarly useful.

--
From just an ordinary user,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 1:58:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi *Trevor L.* who's saying :

> Hmmm!
>
> I have already posted on this topic. I was glad to find PHM Plus!
> and look forward to investigating its further use. If I had seen it
> as an announcement here earlier, it would have saved me a bit if
> googling, so I am grateful to Philippe for his intentions.
>
> And I don't see any indication that he is profiting from his work; au
> contraire, he must have spent a lot of his time creating this
> facility. This is a true sense of cooperation with the community.
>
> Why did no-one complain about David Candy when he posted the Windows
> UI Guide on 08/01/2005 (Australian date format)? It was similarly
> useful.

Exactly my thoughts

When it's useful to the users, safe-to-use (things you don't know from
certain suspicious sites and what are their real intentions, ican name over
20 free antispywares that are installing you spywares for example)..... and
*FREE* tools. How do you want people to know they could find something good
for them if it is not announced and especialy when newly released.

Now, without wanting to offense any non-MVPs developpers that are also doing
very great things with good helping spirit.

I just want to mention that if a MVP would distribute some utilities with
bad intentions, everybody would know it very fast. So would the future
"to-be-former" MVP would too....

Regards,

--
Pierre
[MVP-Windows]
Des trucs, des liens, des utilitaires sur :
http://artic.mvps.org/
January 25, 2005 5:46:09 PM

"Artic-C@t ¥©¥ [MVP]" <artic2@artic.qc.ca> wrote in message
news:o JqPtatAFHA.2392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi *Trevor L.* who's saying :
>
>> Hmmm!
>>
>> I have already posted on this topic. I was glad to find PHM Plus!
>> and look forward to investigating its further use. If I had seen it
>> as an announcement here earlier, it would have saved me a bit if
>> googling, so I am grateful to Philippe for his intentions.
>>
>> And I don't see any indication that he is profiting from his work; au
>> contraire, he must have spent a lot of his time creating this
>> facility. This is a true sense of cooperation with the community.
>>
>> Why did no-one complain about David Candy when he posted the Windows
>> UI Guide on 08/01/2005 (Australian date format)? It was similarly
>> useful.
>
> Exactly my thoughts
>
> When it's useful to the users, safe-to-use (things you don't know from
> certain suspicious sites and what are their real intentions, ican name
> over 20 free antispywares that are installing you spywares for
> example)..... and *FREE* tools.

Go on then...
Please share the benefit of your wisdom with the uninitiated!.
(aka *Put your money etc.*
;-)

--
¦ zulu ¦

How do you want people to know they could find something good
> for them if it is not announced and especialy when newly released.
>
> Now, without wanting to offense any non-MVPs developpers that are also
> doing very great things with good helping spirit.
>
> I just want to mention that if a MVP would distribute some utilities with
> bad intentions, everybody would know it very fast. So would the future
> "to-be-former" MVP would too....
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Pierre
> [MVP-Windows]
> Des trucs, des liens, des utilitaires sur :
> http://artic.mvps.org/
January 26, 2005 3:52:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

> I never thought that letting some people know about utilities I spent a
> lot of time to write and distribute for free, trying to make their
> experience more enjoyable, would be considered a bad behavior.

".... write and distribute for free ..."

There are many MVP's here who do the same, myself included and have been
doing so for years. But do not post each utility/tool ever created.

--

>>> Comments and suggestions are welcome :-)
>
>> MVP or not, this is SPAM. Move on......
>
> I never thought that letting some people know about utilities I spent a
> lot of time to write and distribute for free, trying to make their
> experience more enjoyable, would be considered a bad behavior.
> I guess my ideas on the term "community" are just plain wrong, as I though
> it included sharing and trying to provide things we create to our peers,
> and discuss with them to build next versions based on feedback and ideas
> exchanged.
> Thank you for explaining me my mistake, at least now I know that this
> should be considered a FAQ-Only newsgroup, and that other kind of
> contributions are not welcome.
>
> --
> Philippe Majerus
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
> Software, Documentation and stuff - http://www.phm.lu

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:15:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Bonjour *Kelly* qui nous dit :

> ".... write and distribute for free ..."
>
> There are many MVP's here who do the same, myself included and have
> been doing so for years. But do not post each utility/tool ever
> created.
Hi Kelly,

Well here , we are entering into personal perceptions wich i won't start to
argue with you nor with anyone.

You gave your point and i greatly respect it, and i gave mine.

But maybe you could have made your first comment a litle bit less rude over
Phil. The last words were not very kind after all. Maybe that was the reason
why i jumped in the thread.

Concerning the tools you are developping or have developped, and oh
OMG....now i recognize you Kelly (light bulb connecting just now), your site
(if it is the one i am thinking of) is in my prefered links
http://artic.mvps.org/downloads.html (since i created my site. But we must
admit yours doesnt really need no more publicity (well i am sure you
understand what i mean here) with all its good history and the long time
it's been online. By the way i am pleased to have the chance to congrat you
for your good work.

I know many sites with great homemade tools and tips but unfortunatly, most
are french sites. So i am always glad when i can pick up some new good links
especialy in english to add to my favorites.

Anyways........ let's move on, this thread for me is closed from now on.

Have a very good day Kelly, continue your good work, and my very best
regards to you.

--
Pierre Moreau
aka Artic-C@t ¥©¥
[MVP-Windows]
Des trucs, des liens, des utilitaires sur :
http://artic.mvps.org/

P.S. Sorry i didn't recognize you before, but i am not a regular poster
here, just reading it part time when i am searching things I don't find in
the french ones.
January 27, 2005 1:18:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

If I came across as rude, I do apologize for that. And yes, those are my
links:
http://artic.mvps.org/downloads.html.

Thank you for the kind words and the same to you. :o )

--

news:o X0tJh5AFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Bonjour *Kelly* qui nous dit :
>>
>> ".... write and distribute for free ..."
>>
>> There are many MVP's here who do the same, myself included and have
>> been doing so for years. But do not post each utility/tool ever
>> created.
> Hi Kelly,
>
> Well here , we are entering into personal perceptions wich i won't start
> to argue with you nor with anyone.
>
> You gave your point and i greatly respect it, and i gave mine.
>
> But maybe you could have made your first comment a litle bit less rude
> over Phil. The last words were not very kind after all. Maybe that was the
> reason why i jumped in the thread.
>
> Concerning the tools you are developping or have developped, and oh
> OMG....now i recognize you Kelly (light bulb connecting just now), your
> site (if it is the one i am thinking of) is in my prefered links
> http://artic.mvps.org/downloads.html (since i created my site. But we must
> admit yours doesnt really need no more publicity (well i am sure you
> understand what i mean here) with all its good history and the long time
> it's been online. By the way i am pleased to have the chance to congrat
> you for your good work.
>
> I know many sites with great homemade tools and tips but unfortunatly,
> most are french sites. So i am always glad when i can pick up some new
> good links especialy in english to add to my favorites.
>
> Anyways........ let's move on, this thread for me is closed from now on.
>
> Have a very good day Kelly, continue your good work, and my very best
> regards to you.
>
> --
> Pierre Moreau
> aka Artic-C@t ¥©¥
> [MVP-Windows]
> Des trucs, des liens, des utilitaires sur :
> http://artic.mvps.org/
>
> P.S. Sorry i didn't recognize you before, but i am not a regular poster
> here, just reading it part time when i am searching things I don't find in
> the french ones.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:48:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

To Artic-C@t ¥©¥ [MVP] <artic2@artic.qc.ca>,
and others

I wondered what your motto meant

The AltaVista Babelfish translation is:
Tricks, bonds, utilities on
I am not any clearer :-)))
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 4:45:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Bonjour *Trevor L.* qui nous dit :

> To Artic-C@t ¥©¥ [MVP] <artic2@artic.qc.ca>,
> and others
>
> I wondered what your motto meant
>
> The AltaVista Babelfish translation is:
> Tricks, bonds, utilities on
> I am not any clearer :-)))

better translated :
Tips, links, utilities (tools) :-)
Ahhhh those automated translator hey ?? ;-)

Cheers,
--
Pierre
!