Could you help me build a PC please?

spat55

Distinguished
Approximate Purchase Date: Whenever really.

Budget Range: £500-£650

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Monitor isn't needed as will be using a 60" LED TV

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Needs to be UK friendly and reliable

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Reliable and have decent reviews

Overclocking: Do i need to worry about Overclocking?

SLI or Crossfire: Dont understand

Monitor Resolution: 1080p

Additional Comments: Needs to run Battlefield 3 easily, sound needs to go through home cinema system 5.1.
Not sure if im going to make a PC yet depending on how much it'll cost for a decent one, how long will this PC last? I dont want to be paying £500 each year as i'll have to stay with a console then.

Think I'm learning, you need a sandy bridge compatable motherboard to work with a sandy bridge CPU!! am i correct?

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
A 650 pound PC will play most games at high settings for around two years. If you're looking to play everything max settings for 2+ years, you will need to invest more money.

spat55

Distinguished

sounds good to me, what is say low settings like? better than PS3 and Xbox 360? Sorry but you might have guessed im new to this and not really sure where to look, always interested but never really looked into it as never really had the funds...

I had a look at SLI, is it any good or worth it?

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Ehmm, I'd say medium settings on BF3 PC = Console BF3. 650 pounds will give you a PC that will run BF3 max, which looks significantly better than consoles, I might add. As newer games improve their texture quality, fidelity, etc., I personally think low on PC will look better than 360/PS3 relatively soon.

spat55

Distinguished

Yes, this is what ive been thinking, when they first came out it they were great now, its looking worse and worse, if they dont show a new console off at E3 this year, I'll get into PC gaming on a mid range rig, then if i still like console more, go for the PS4.

Edit: I like the look of the GTX 670, looks awesome.