Sign in with
Your question

RAM compatibility with ASRock Extreme4 Z77

Last response: in Systems
June 4, 2012 9:01:03 PM

I'm thinking about getting the ASRock Extreme4 Z77 motherboard and I was just wondering if the Samsung Green RAM would be compatible with it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I've already tried ASRock's website and they don't mention the Samsung RAM on the list.

I had the Gigabyte Z77 D3H motherboard but it had all kinds of problems with it so I RMA'ed it and I'm trying to figure out which motherboard to get. I already have the RAM though and need to make sure whatever I get will be compatible with the RAM I already have.

I've also been looking at the BIOSTAR TZ77XE3 but I'm not too sure about their quality.

Any info would be appreciated.
June 4, 2012 9:12:57 PM

Your problem is that your RAM is 1.35v, which is different from the conventional 1.5v RAM. There are quite a few Mobos that do not support 1.35v RAM, and that is probably the source of your problem.
m
l
Related resources
June 4, 2012 10:48:52 PM

Merueth said:
Your problem is that your RAM is 1.35v, which is different from the conventional 1.5v RAM. There are quite a few Mobos that do not support 1.35v RAM, and that is probably the source of your problem.

I have seen other people using that RAM with the Gigabyte board. It shouldn't be a problem. Also, that RAM can be pushed like crazy so it can easily handle 1.5V. I tried putting that RAM at that voltage on the Gigabyte board and it made no difference.
m
l
June 4, 2012 10:49:01 PM

Like I put in my original post, I've already looked at that link and didn't see it on the list. Unless I'm completely blind, I'm still not seeing it. That being said, just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it's not supported, which is why I'm asking if anyone else has tried this RAM with either board.
m
l
!