justinshorb

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
So my first build went by without a hitch. that was over a year ago. I recently started my second build with all new parts, but transferring the mobo and cpu. Here is a list of the current parts:

Case: Antec three hundred
Mobo: P67A-G43 (B3)
CPU: i5 2500k
PSU: 775W Diablotek
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 1600
GPU: HIS IceQ X Turbo 6850
HDD: Western Digital RE4 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

When I first got it together and loaded windows ultimate on it everything seemed fine. The first thing I always do, after driver installation, is download AVG and as soon as the program started installing I got a BSOD. I ran memtest86 for several hours with no errors. I managed to get prime95 up and running but that failed immediately. I reloaded windows and went to try AVG again and it crapped out again. Now it wont get passed the "loading windows" screen. as soon as the little dots start to swirl in it starts back over. It doesn't fully reset, as there is no power down, it just goes back to the bios screen and tries to load windows again.

I can enter the Bios menu and have tried raising memory voltage to 1.65 volts. I have swapped out the memory with my 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance. I have tried swapping the power supply with my Corsair 650W. I have swapped my old HDDs in that I know work and have a running version of windows. I have cleared the cmos.

I'm kind of at a loss. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justinshorb

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I understand it isn't the most reliable power supply. the build is for a friend who is strapped for cash at the moment. My previous build used a Corsair. I am just looking for a solution to the immediate problem

justinshorb

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

I used my previous hard drives (ssd and hdd) which I know worked when I started all of this, and I got the same result: as soon as windows begins to load it resets to the bios screen. I am going to try to reload windows again and if that doesn't work I'll try a linux boot drive. If that doesn't work I have no idea.

justinshorb

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

That's what I'm afraid of. I just can't think of what could have happened between running fine in my system and switching it over. I can access the bios menu and run windows repair, as useless as it is, so I find it hard to believe that either could be the problem. either way, I have a 3570k and I'm going to get an new mobo tomorrow for my system. Ill hook up everything but the mobo, cpu, and psu from this system and see what happens.

moornix

Honorable
May 2, 2012

A 3570k is compatible with other 1155 socket mobo. Since you've already updated the bios, the mobo should work with the 3570k. If it doesn't, then it's probably the mobo, and the cpu might still be good. Just in case, try the 2500k CPU on the new mobo you're getting tomorrow too.

justinshorb

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

I had thought about that. I'm just afraid that if there is a problem it will fry my new processor.

the power off issue is just a bug in the bios. I had that with my asus sabertooth..clearing the cmos will fix that bug.
i would use cpu-z and look under the spd tab and check your mb to see if it read the rm spd info right. sometime you have to change the ram profile to xmp for it to run right or drop it down to 1333 speed.