Which is better Intel Hd 2000 or asus geforce 8400gs?

brycer7

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Hi! Im planning to buy a geforce 8400gs to upgrade my INtel HD 2000 onboard gpu. which is more faster and better resolution?since im not a gamer i just want to use it in graphic designing watching hd movies etc. i dont know much about GPU's. need advice. thanks guys!

Acc. to

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

You probably won't notice a difference between the HD 2000 and an 8400 gs.

How much is your budget for a new card?

Don't take that card to upgrade your HD 2000. You will see the same performance or slightly just better performance and in some occasions, even worse. You will waste your money, and your system will consume more power. Which makes your upgrade totally worthless. There is definitely better options :).

there are a few plus to putting in a new gpu and stop using the onboard video. one is that with most onboard video it sharing some of your main ram for video. so putting in an add in card going to free up ram space for windows and your os. also with a new video card and decoding or encoding of video can be off loaded to the video card gpu..may find that youtube and other web video play smother. but i would look at the new 520 cards from nvidia and see if your ps can run with that video card.

brycer7

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
thanks for all your replies! i understand that putting a higher video card requires u to upgrade your PSU. I just bought a new PC Gateway DX4860 i5 8gb ram 1tb HD. And another reason why im planning to upgrade it my friend is selling his GEforce 8400gs for $10! pros that its cheap but the cons is it will make a little difference with my onboard gpu. thanks guys! i appreciate it! Godbless y'all!