Remembering the Old file/folder

Hi,

Suppose I have 160 or (some similar large number) of files and folders
within a folder A.

Suppose am scrolling down the contents of folder A and double-click on a
SUB-folder B.

After browsing through contents of B, I press the UP button on the menu bar
and rather than folder B being highlighted the view would scroll "up" to the
top most file/folder in the folder A.

Basically Im examinng each subfolder within folder A and once examined I
will go back to the folder A and select the next sub-folder on the list.
Because of the above problem I have to keep scrolling down to folder B and
then select the next sub folder.

Does Windows XP have the feature of scroll window view of the folder being
the same as the last viewed position. I have SP2.

--
Thanks a lot,
Hari

Use Back instead of Up

http://www.uscricket.com
"Hari Prasadh" <excel_hari@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eK0BsTeAFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Suppose I have 160 or (some similar large number) of files and folders
> within a folder A.
>
> Suppose am scrolling down the contents of folder A and double-click on a
> SUB-folder B.
>
> After browsing through contents of B, I press the UP button on the menu bar
> and rather than folder B being highlighted the view would scroll "up" to the
> top most file/folder in the folder A.
>
> Basically Im examinng each subfolder within folder A and once examined I
> will go back to the folder A and select the next sub-folder on the list.
> Because of the above problem I have to keep scrolling down to folder B and
> then select the next sub folder.
>
> Does Windows XP have the feature of scroll window view of the folder being
> the same as the last viewed position. I have SP2.
>
> --
> Thanks a lot,
> Hari
> India