Sign in with
Your question

HDMI Splitter for PC, 360, and PS3

Last response: in Components
October 2, 2012 1:08:34 AM

I buying a HDMI splitter in Christmas for my xbox 360, ps3, and pc. I plan on playing them all on my PC monitor so i can play different games at the same time. My big question is, is there a way I can provide audio through my computer speakers while playing xbox or ps3 games? Or will I have to buy turtlebeaches for each and everyone? Is there a program where I can resolve my problem? Please answer my question. Thank you.

More about : hdmi splitter 360 ps3

October 2, 2012 7:05:39 AM

does your monitor have an audio out? what kind of speakers do you have?
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 11:34:24 AM

If you have a sound card capable of optical in the the optical out of the xbox can be "passed thru" to your speakers, if the ps3 has optical out it will work also.
m
l
October 2, 2012 2:32:23 PM

eletrickapple01 said:
I buying a HDMI splitter in Christmas for my xbox 360, ps3, and pc. I plan on playing them all on my PC monitor so i can play different games at the same time. My big question is, is there a way I can provide audio through my computer speakers while playing xbox or ps3 games? Or will I have to buy turtlebeaches for each and everyone? Is there a program where I can resolve my problem? Please answer my question. Thank you.

SO basically, all three devices will go to the splitter (or do you mean switch? Sounds like thats what you need...), then output to the PC moniter? No problem then. Video out via HDMI, audio out via the onboard sound device (probably analog out to speakers).
m
l
!