[AMD] I need help with the specs for a gaming rig!

Cirkimo

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I am trying to get into gaming with my friends but a nearly 6 year old Toshiba laptop just doesn't cut it.

I'm planning on getting an AMD Desktop as it has more power obviously for doing what I love to do. But the thing is, I don't exactly know that much about what is best and everything. I was hoping you guys could help me out with specs such as processor, video card, graphics card, sound card and such.

Thanks for reading. Oh, almost forgot. My budget is around $650

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Intel is the much better performer in the gaming space. I am an AMD fan, but went Intel the last two rounds since they seem to be missing the mark since Intel Core series hit the ground. What is it exactly that you love to do?

What level of graphics quality are you looking for and in what games? What is the resolution you are looking to play at?

With a single video card, the cpu doesn't matter all that much. I mean this is a BUDGET BUILD afterall.

You could go as low as a Intel i3 or FX4100, both go for around $110. Mobo's start around $55 for either.

If you want suggestions on a build, fill out the new build form in the new build section of the forum.

Cirkimo

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Well it's a good thing I'm not a fanboy of either, just simply looking for the best.

I love to game mostly. I might play around on Paint.net sometimes but I don't want to go into actual designing. I want something that will be able to run high demanding games such as Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2. And be able to still run around at 80 fps when all those explosions and spells are going off.

For online play that's quad core territory and a pretty good gaming graphics card. You're probably looking at $800 to meet that goal, if the experts over in NewBuilds can find some good prices on your parts

Cirkimo

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

I guess I could a little higher. Which do you reccommend, Intel or AMD?