New build, no post, won't power off, no picture

hotzpacho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I have a new build going on here and am having a problem. I'll try to explain with good detail, i hope.

Components:
Intel i5 core ivy bridge 3570k
ASUS P8 H77-V motherboard 1155
16GB (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence 1600mhz DDR3 240pin RAM
Crucial SSD 256GB
(2) Liteon ihas 124
Antec 300 case
CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Evga Geforce GTX 430 Fermi

Problem:
When i power on i don't get a picture on the monitor, no post into bios, no beep, the fan on the graphics card doesn't spin, the power supply spins, , the disk drives open, the case fans run, and the computer won't manually (holding down the on button) shut down; i have to shut down by turning off the power supply.

What I've done:
(1) Disconnected all devices (hard drive, optical drives, front panel connectors, etc)
(2) reseated everything (RAM, CPU, MB, SSD, Disk Drives, VC, etc)
(3) Reset CMOS
(4) Tried 1 stick of ram in the correct dimm slot
(5) Tried using the onboard monitor connection without VC installed
(6) Tried a different monitor
(7) Tried using DVI and VGA connections

All the options i've tried resulted in the same problems listed above. The weirdest problem imo is that i can't power down manually from the front panel. Any suggestions? Is it a simple error that i could be overlooking or a DOA of one of the components, etc? I know it's hard to offer a diagnosis over the web, but maybe a fresh perspective could help.

Thanks for any help or advice that's given in advanced!

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Try Turning On the Pc without the Gpu.

Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket?

Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard?

Did you remove the plastic guard over the CPU socket?

Do you see any bent pins on the motherboard or cpu?

Did you Plugged In the Cpu Fan? your motherboard can only plug 2 Fans... a Cpu Fans and a Case Fan.

andystanley

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I'm guessing you incorrectly plugged in the front panel connectors. Either you plug them in correctly or you power on your system by shorting the two power pins.
Your fans work which means your PSU works great.
Let me know if you've tried this.
Also it would be helpful if you uploaded a photo of the interior of your system.

Hope it works out!

hotzpacho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

1. yes the 8 pin plug CPU plug from the psu is connected, it's on the left side of the cpu.

2. All the standoffs are installed.

3. The plastic guard that comes with the MB? If so yes this was removed. The heatsink/fan combo makes a straight connection to the top of CPU, including Thermal Compound as well.

4. From what i can tell there are 0 bent pins on the motherboard. The CPU has pads.

5. The CPU fan connection on the MB is used by the heatsink fan. The MB also has 3 other chassis fan connections all occupied by case fans (front, top, rear).

**I did just notice that one of the white wires on the HDA front panel wire from the case fan was torn from it's connector. Obviously in need of an RMA from newegg (where i purchased everything), but would this wire cause all of the problems (non spinning GPU fan [the fan is part of the GPU unit], problem powering down manually, and non video)?

hotzpacho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

As stated above the HDA has a wire (white wire) that's been ripped from it's connector. But would this cause all of the problems associated with non video, non spinning gpu fan, and problem powering down manually?