Fable

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I bought Fable for $19.99 used the other day and I'm finding myself
engrossed in it. Much better than I'd been led to believe. I may pick
up the PC version for the extra missions it's supposed to have.

Jonah Falcon
40 answers Last reply
More about fable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Oh, okay then. I'll stick with the XBox version.

    Jonah Falcon
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    The 360 HD is pre-loaded with Fable compatibility. There's a list of 50
    other titles Microsoft is considering as well.

    As for the list of 360 Only games being moronic hack and slash or PC
    ports... let me know when you get a chance to play Project Gotham. It's
    been an Xbox title since 2001 and the PC folks are still waiting for
    that one...

    - Jordan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Yeah, right... The highest rated PC racing title is NASCAR Racing 4 and
    it can't hold a candle to console games. Don't confuse having better
    steering wheels with having better games.

    - Jordan
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > I bought Fable for $19.99 used the other day and I'm finding myself
    > engrossed in it. Much better than I'd been led to believe. I may pick
    > up the PC version for the extra missions it's supposed to have.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    If you like the game I suppose you'll like the "Lost Chapters", but in
    my opinion it had the most "do it quick and slap it on" feel that I've
    ever experienced. The Lost Chapters are short, and in the end you fight
    the exact same guy you fought at the end of the main game, except he's a
    dragon now! I can just hear the discussion of the developers... "It's
    too short for any new story elements... let's bring back the guy they
    just killed, but we'll make him a dragon this time!"

    I can hardly wait for Fable II. The end boss is Jack of Blades again,
    but this time he's a giant hamster...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    jonahnynla@mindspring.com wrote:
    > Oh, okay then. I'll stick with the XBox version.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    I didn't mean to put you completely off it. It is more of the same if
    you are enjoying the main game...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 17 Sep 2005 16:48:40 -0700, "Jonah Falcon"
    <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >I bought Fable for $19.99 used the other day and I'm finding myself
    >engrossed in it. Much better than I'd been led to believe. I may pick
    >up the PC version for the extra missions it's supposed to have.
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    On a related topic, since you cross-posted the message to both the
    Xbox and PC groups....

    Got your pre-order in for your Xbox360 in yet ?

    Oops, I forgot --- you will have to download an "emulation profile"
    to the +$100 diddly hard-disk ( what a rip-off...!! ) if you ever want
    to play your Xbox copy of Fable on it... if/when an "emulation
    profile" is ever made available.....

    I'll stick with my PC thanks very much. Anyway, the initial list of
    Xbox360-ONLY games seem like a bunch more of the usual
    moronic teenage hack 'n slash.......... All the really good ones
    seem to be going to be ported to the PC too... Oblivion etc.

    John Lewis
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Yeah, right... The highest rated PC racing title is NASCAR Racing 4 and
    > it can't hold a candle to console games. Don't confuse having better
    > steering wheels with having better games.
    >
    > - Jordan

    Yeeehaw! NASCAR!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 17 Sep 2005 22:45:51 -0700, "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >As for the list of 360 Only games being moronic hack and slash or PC
    >ports... let me know when you get a chance to play Project Gotham. It's
    >been an Xbox title since 2001 and the PC folks are still waiting for
    >that one...

    The only console racing series I am waiting (in vain) for on the PC is
    Gran Tourismo.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    It's too bad True Fantasy Live Online never saw the light of day. :^(

    - Jordan
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:

    > On a related topic, since you cross-posted the message to both the
    > Xbox and PC groups....
    >
    > Got your pre-order in for your Xbox360 in yet ?
    >
    > Oops, I forgot --- you will have to download an "emulation profile"
    > to the +$100 diddly hard-disk ( what a rip-off...!! ) if you ever want
    > to play your Xbox copy of Fable on it... if/when an "emulation
    > profile" is ever made available.....
    >
    > I'll stick with my PC thanks very much. Anyway, the initial list of
    > Xbox360-ONLY games seem like a bunch more of the usual
    > moronic teenage hack 'n slash.......... All the really good ones
    > seem to be going to be ported to the PC too... Oblivion etc.

    So this must be where you son, steamkiller, must have learned how to hijack
    threads.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 17 Sep 2005 22:45:51 -0700, Jordan wrote:

    > let me know when you get a chance to play Project Gotham. It's
    > been an Xbox title since 2001 and the PC folks are still waiting for
    > that one...

    If I had ever heard of the game, I might even be envious.

    M.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

    >> let me know when you get a chance to play Project Gotham. It's
    >> been an Xbox title since 2001 and the PC folks are still waiting for
    >> that one...
    >
    >If I had ever heard of the game, I might even be envious.

    Somehow, I don't think that was the response Jordan wanted.

    FWIW, I've heard of Project Gotham, but I'm not waiting for it.

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:28:19 +0200, Mean_Chlorine
    <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thusly Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>> let me know when you get a chance to play Project Gotham. It's
    >>> been an Xbox title since 2001 and the PC folks are still waiting for
    >>> that one...
    >>
    >>If I had ever heard of the game, I might even be envious.
    >
    >Somehow, I don't think that was the response Jordan wanted.
    >
    >FWIW, I've heard of Project Gotham, but I'm not waiting for it.

    Eh, Batman RPGs? I'd play it if there was no Robin. Or perhaps if there
    was a way to horribly kill him.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Andy Richardson wrote:

    > PCs also blow away consoles in RTS games.
    >
    > Andy

    Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped resource in
    console gaming.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Andy Richardson wrote:
    >
    >> PCs also blow away consoles in RTS games.
    >>
    >> Andy
    >
    > Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped
    > resource in
    > console gaming.

    That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    without a mouse and Keyboard.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan wrote:

    > That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a
    > console, I didn't include it. I always thought that was a given.

    Alien vs. Predator: Exinction is the only one I can think of.
    http://gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/aliensversuspredatorextinction/review.html

    > You can't do RTS without a mouse and Keyboard.

    Agreed.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote:
    >That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    >didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    >without a mouse and Keyboard.

    I think you can...

    (1) Voice command would be MUCH easier for an RTS. "Tank division,
    attack the missile silo." "Infantry, support tanks." At the moment you
    have to mess about with selection rectangles and groups and formations
    and there are too many commands.

    (2) The new Nintendo Revolution controller is a pointing device and so
    could be used for conventional RTS controls, in the place of a mouse.

    (3) As in Darwinia, I think you can use gestures instead of keyboard,
    and instead of clicking on icons for which unit to build next.

    --
    Lucian
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:46:20 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >John Lewis wrote:
    >
    >> On a related topic, since you cross-posted the message to both the
    >> Xbox and PC groups....
    >>
    >> Got your pre-order in for your Xbox360 in yet ?
    >>
    >> Oops, I forgot --- you will have to download an "emulation profile"
    >> to the +$100 diddly hard-disk ( what a rip-off...!! ) if you ever want
    >> to play your Xbox copy of Fable on it... if/when an "emulation
    >> profile" is ever made available.....
    >>
    >> I'll stick with my PC thanks very much. Anyway, the initial list of
    >> Xbox360-ONLY games seem like a bunch more of the usual
    >> moronic teenage hack 'n slash.......... All the really good ones
    >> seem to be going to be ported to the PC too... Oblivion etc.
    >
    >So this must be where your son, st*******, must have learned how to hijack
    >threads.

    And you forgot how not to attract S********r.............. I have
    altered your last sentence above to avoid auto-triggering his
    wake-up calls.

    Rule #1 with s***k************* Always substitute other
    letters for his name in any quote or reply, otherwise
    s**t88e***a8m*k***i**ll**e88r filters don't work............

    John Lewis
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    >On a related topic, since you cross-posted the message to both the
    >Xbox and PC groups....

    >Got your pre-order in for your Xbox360 in yet ?

    Yes, and my computer is currently being repaired due to a blown mother
    board. I have to pay $400 to repair it -- coincidentally the price I'm
    paying for the X360. Incidentally, I'm trading in the XBox itself with
    it, so I'll pay less than that.

    Jonah Falcon
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:

    > "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Andy Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>> PCs also blow away consoles in RTS games.
    >>>
    >>> Andy
    >>
    >> Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped
    >> resource in
    >> console gaming.
    >>

    > That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    > didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    > without a mouse and Keyboard.

    Herzog Zwei?

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan wrote:

    > "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Andy Richardson wrote:
    > >
    > >> PCs also blow away consoles in RTS games.
    > >>
    > >> Andy
    > >
    > > Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped
    > > resource in
    > > console gaming.
    > >

    > That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    > didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    > without a mouse and Keyboard.

    Well, the keyboard is not essential, since an RTS game can be played with
    just the mouse. Not as well as the combination, but well enough.

    The big problem is selecting troops. Pikmin (on the GC) did a decent job of
    this, though the unit types were very limited. I still think a decent scheme
    can be devised using a standard console controller.

    Red Alert: Retaliation was on the PS1, but it certainly had some control
    issues.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 18 Sep 2005 22:53:33 -0700, "Jonah Falcon"
    <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >>On a related topic, since you cross-posted the message to both the
    >>Xbox and PC groups....
    >
    >>Got your pre-order in for your Xbox360 in yet ?
    >
    >Yes, and my computer is currently being repaired due to a blown mother
    >board.

    How come?

    > I have to pay $400 to repair it -- coincidentally the price I'm
    >paying for the X360. Incidentally, I'm trading in the XBox itself with
    >it, so I'll pay less than that.

    So... cough... what are you going to do with all your Xbox games that
    will never have emulation profiles? Or maybe you only have the
    mainstream games like Halo, Halo2 and Fable...........

    John Lewis

    >Jonah Falcon

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:Xns96D5CD06DCB3Fknight37m@130.133.1.4...
    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:
    >

    >> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

    >>> Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped
    >>> resource in
    >>> console gaming.
    >>>

    >> That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    >> didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    >> without a mouse and Keyboard.
    >
    > Herzog Zwei?

    Whoa! that's a very old one, and a very good and fun one....my very first
    RTS experiance.

    > --
    >
    > Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
    >
    > Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "blue" <blue@blue.com> wrote in message news:432e1ee9$1_2@news.tm.net.my...

    > "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:Xns96D5CD06DCB3Fknight37m@130.133.1.4...
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:
    >>

    >>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

    >>> That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    >>> didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    >>> without a mouse and Keyboard.
    >>
    >> Herzog Zwei?
    >
    > Whoa! that's a very old one, and a very good and fun one....my very first
    > RTS experiance.

    Same here. Me and my nephew would play Zog for hours at a time, sometimes
    tell 4 a.m. We even had a term for how our eyes looked after 6 hours of game
    time. We'd called it having "Zog Eye". To this day I've never had the same
    excitement I had back in those days playing Zog. The game would get me so
    stressed out that it would take me over an hour to recover after playing. We
    still talk about the game even after all these years. One of the greatest
    two player games ever made IMHO. JLC
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
    On 2005-09-19, Lucian Wischik <lu.nn@wischik.com> wrote:

    > (3) As in Darwinia, I think you can use gestures instead of keyboard,
    > and instead of clicking on icons for which unit to build next.

    The intention, according to an interview, is to make it harder to
    bring up units when stressed.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    John Lewis wrote:

    > moronic teenage hack 'n slash.......... All the really good ones
    > seem to be going to be ported to the PC too... Oblivion etc.

    Actually, several of those games are PC games, out on the PC first at
    least a month before, then they will be ported to the console in
    inferior form.
    Those games are Quake 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, and
    Ghost Recon. Those sites that are previewing both versions are
    mentioning stuttering frame rates on the console version and there is
    word that those games are locked to 30fps on the console plus 720p in
    wide aspect which is roughly equivalent to 1280 by 720 on the PC. This
    isn't bad but some people might have the hardware to want 1600 by 1200
    and they will definitely want more than 30fps.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Andy Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>> PCs also blow away consoles in RTS games.
    >>>
    >>> Andy
    >>
    >> Yup, that's the biggest advantage for PCs. RTS games are an untapped
    >> resource in
    >> console gaming.
    >>

    > That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    > didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    > without a mouse and Keyboard.

    Command and Conquer, I first played it on the original Playstation many
    years ago. Played just fine with the joypad.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Greg Johnson wrote:

    > You snipped the part where the OP said he was trading in his Xbox for
    > the new one. This makes it a bit harder for him to use it, doesn't it?

    Then that is Jonah's business. He could also sell those games that doesn't
    get emulated. It isn't the end of the world because Jonah may not be able to
    play certain Xbox games.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Actually, I was surprised at how faithful the XBox version of Morrowind
    was to the PC version.

    Jonah Falcon
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 19 Sep 2005 20:52:28 -0700, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >Actually, I was surprised at how faithful the XBox version of Morrowind
    >was to the PC version.

    Same 100s of random dungeons and flat, uninteresting NPCs?

    Hmmm. No wonder they'd market it to the consolers.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-09-20, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    > On 19 Sep 2005 20:52:28 -0700, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, I was surprised at how faithful the XBox version of Morrowind
    >>was to the PC version.
    >
    > Same 100s of random dungeons and flat, uninteresting NPCs?
    >
    > Hmmm. No wonder they'd market it to the consolers.

    Well said. I'm still surprised other reasonable people in this NG
    think Morrowind is such a great game. I've never seen anything
    less inspired in my entire life.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:16:03 -0500, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

    >On 2005-09-20, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >> On 19 Sep 2005 20:52:28 -0700, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Actually, I was surprised at how faithful the XBox version of Morrowind
    >>>was to the PC version.
    >>
    >> Same 100s of random dungeons and flat, uninteresting NPCs?
    >>
    >> Hmmm. No wonder they'd market it to the consolers.
    >
    >Well said. I'm still surprised other reasonable people in this NG
    >think Morrowind is such a great game. I've never seen anything
    >less inspired in my entire life.

    It's all the more sad when you can imagine how nice a game it could have
    been. You know Dungeon Lords? Huge game but with little content. All
    the monsters are just spawned instead of specially placed. You play games
    like those two and you really appreciate how great the later Ultimas and
    the Gothics are with their carefully crafted and populated worlds.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "blue" <blue@blue.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com>
    >> ׫O'ì¶à]¼þÐÂÂ":Xns96D5CD06DCB3Fknight37m@130.133.1.4...
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> once tried to test me with:

    >>> Herzog Zwei?
    >>
    >> Whoa! that's a very old one, and a very good and fun one....my very first
    >> RTS experiance.
    >>

    > Same here. Me and my nephew would play Zog for hours at a time, sometimes
    > tell 4 a.m. We even had a term for how our eyes looked after 6 hours of
    > game time. We'd called it having "Zog Eye". To this day I've never had the
    > same excitement I had back in those days playing Zog. The game would get
    > me so stressed out that it would take me over an hour to recover after
    > playing. We still talk about the game even after all these years. One of
    > the greatest two player games ever made IMHO. JLC

    I will take your words for it but I don't remember that game in the least.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Lucian Wischik" <lu.nn@wischik.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>That is true but since I can't even think of an RTS game on a console, I
    >>didn't include it. I always thought that was a given. You can't do RTS
    >>without a mouse and Keyboard.
    >
    > I think you can...
    >
    > (1) Voice command would be MUCH easier for an RTS. "Tank division,
    > attack the missile silo." "Infantry, support tanks." At the moment you
    > have to mess about with selection rectangles and groups and formations
    > and there are too many commands.

    That is what I was speaking of. Troop selection in particular.

    > (2) The new Nintendo Revolution controller is a pointing device and so
    > could be used for conventional RTS controls, in the place of a mouse.

    This I believe. I firmly believe that Nintendo will need to ignore the
    games that MS and Sony are doing in the next gen and do something completely
    different (like RTS) because they will not be able to survive trying to do
    what the others are doing.

    > (3) As in Darwinia, I think you can use gestures instead of keyboard,
    > and instead of clicking on icons for which unit to build next.

    Not familiar with it.

    > --
    > Lucian
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    > Same 100s of random dungeons and flat, uninteresting NPCs?

    Hmmmm... the dungeons in Morrowind were not random, and *some* NPCs were
    interesting.

    The added content by the community was the real strenght, however. I still
    remember playing the "Children of the Night" saga. Very involving (I'm
    waiting for the third chapter of CoN even if Oblivion is about to be
    realased).
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On 19 Sep 2005 20:52:28 -0700, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Actually, I was surprised at how faithful the XBox version of Morrowind
    > >was to the PC version.
    >
    > Same 100s of random dungeons and flat, uninteresting NPCs?
    >
    > Hmmm. No wonder they'd market it to the consolers.
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    Wow, this sounds exactly like Arena. After being bored to tears by
    that game, I decided not to get Morrowind. Glad I made that decision
    :-)
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 21 Sep 2005 09:01:30 -0700, patrick.barnes@standardregister.com wrote:

    >Wow, this sounds exactly like Arena. After being bored to tears by
    >that game, I decided not to get Morrowind. Glad I made that decision
    >:-)

    Hopefully Oblivion won't rely upon so many randomly spawned monsters and
    randomly created dungeons. However, after the dumbing down of the skill
    set I don't have high expectations.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:22:09 -0500, Michael Cecil
    <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >On 21 Sep 2005 09:01:30 -0700, patrick.barnes@standardregister.com wrote:
    >
    >>Wow, this sounds exactly like Arena. After being bored to tears by
    >>that game, I decided not to get Morrowind. Glad I made that decision
    >>:-)
    >
    >Hopefully Oblivion won't rely upon so many randomly spawned monsters and
    >randomly created dungeons. However, after the dumbing down of the skill
    >set I don't have high expectations.

    From Morrowind onwards, all dungeons and creatures have been manually
    created and placed.

    And what's with all the carrots ?
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    I'll buy a 360 if there is a Ninja Gaiden sequel on it that seems to
    be on par with the X-Box version.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > Morrowind was developed and done for the PC first but it was bribed by
    > Micro$haft to be ported and come out on the XFLop before the PC.

    Morrowind for the PC was released on May 2, 2002. Morrowind for the Xbox was
    released on June 6th, 2002. Months confusing you again?

    <snip reset of what I'm sure is another predicable bligfest.>

Console Gaming Games LED Monitor Video Games Product