Overclocking an AMD Athlon ii X4 620 ( Socket AM3 )

kingmitchell89

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I have a Biostar A780L3B Motherboard, and i went into the bios to try and OverClock my CPU ( AMD Athlon ii X4 620 ( Socket AM3 ), but every time i pressed Enter to change the Value in the CPU Tuning section, it wouldn't go into it...please help...i did a Bios update and everything, i now have the latest Bios, but it still won't work!!!

P.S. The CPU is default at 2.6ghz...i want to hit at least 3.0ghz, and hopefully 3.2 if i cannot go any higher.

Are you saying you cannot access the CPU tuning section?

Note that this is not an unlocked CPU, so you will not be able to change the CPU multiplier. The only way to OC an Athlon II is by changing the system base clock (default of 200MHz). This will affect all components on your board though, not just the CPU.

kingmitchell89

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

Yes, that is what i'm saying, and that's perfectly fine with me, if i have to change the base clock ( the default 200Mhz ) but it won't let me go into that ( by pressing Enter ) to change the value :(.

kingmitchell89

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

yup :D, it's brand new, and it came with a CD and some type of poster that looks like a booklet when it's closed up!

kingmitchell89

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Wow lol, the CD has the Bios menu, and i looked through it, it doesn't tell me why i can't change the Frequency ( CPU/HT Reference Clock (MHZ) (200 Default ), the motherboard says it's overclockable, but whenever i'm in the Bios it just won't let me change the value.