Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which CPU Cooler?!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 2, 2012 12:00:45 PM

Hellow.
I am getting most likely an i5 3570k. ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/349095-28-which To see the CPU question). Which cooler should I get? Water2.0 Performer or FRIO OCK or anything in the price range thats better? People say if the water leaks from the Performer I would loose everything so it would be a big risk. But LOTS of people use CUSTOM water cooling which is 2x the risk. So should I go safe? And as you the noise level is INCOMPARABLE between the two for obvious reasons.

More about : cpu cooler

a b à CPUs
October 2, 2012 12:09:29 PM

I would not get a water cooling solution. It's just too much trouble. The FRIO OCK is a monster of a unit that performs well. If you have the space and low profile memory for it - go for it.
Score
0
October 2, 2012 12:35:12 PM

abekl said:
I would not get a water cooling solution. It's just too much trouble. The FRIO OCK is a monster of a unit that performs well. If you have the space and low profile memory for it - go for it.

I watched a review and it sucked. So any good alternative??
Score
0
Related resources
October 2, 2012 12:36:12 PM

ProVisionOman said:
Hellow.
I am getting most likely an i5 3570k. ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/349095-28-which To see the CPU question). Which cooler should I get? Water2.0 Performer or FRIO OCK or anything in the price range thats better? People say if the water leaks from the Performer I would loose everything so it would be a big risk. But LOTS of people use CUSTOM water cooling which is 2x the risk. So should I go safe? And as you the noise level is INCOMPARABLE between the two for obvious reasons.


The Water 2.0 performer is really good for its price. And ignore abekl comment about Water cooling being too much trouble. They are extremely easy to install, you don't have to worry about the RAM and you can dump the heat directly out of the case. They are extremly unlikely to leak (unless you start jabbing it with a stick or something). Even Custom water cooling is safe if done properly.
Score
0
October 2, 2012 12:46:34 PM

Devastater6194 said:
The Water 2.0 performer is really good for its price. And ignore abekl comment about Water cooling being too much trouble. They are extremely easy to install, you don't have to worry about the RAM and you can dump the heat directly out of the case. They are extremly unlikely to leak (unless you start jabbing it with a stick or something). Even Custom water cooling is safe if done properly.

So you think I should get this? Because I know that a 212 is as near powerful. Will be cooling an i7 3770k and will overclock. And when transporting the computer... And the computer hit something HARD like a wall or something because I cant see over the case... Will the water spill? Because 1300$ machine going away like that would SUCK.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
November 14, 2012 4:55:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!