How to access the internet

Last response: in Network Providers
August 6, 2005 5:59:49 AM

How to access the internet with a laptop using my RAZR, data cable,
mobile phone tools and a Cingular service account? The way I could
access the internet using Verizon service.

More about : access internet

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:12:40 PM

In <97k8f11gvsjaejcba9nqt7aaj88ojnlm9s@4ax.com> on Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:59:49
-0400, Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote:

>How to access the internet with a laptop using my RAZR, data cable,
>mobile phone tools and a Cingular service account? The way I could
>access the internet using Verizon service.

Cingular MEdia Works unlimited for $20/month.
Don't use MPT -- just use dial-up networking.

August 7, 2005 8:23:24 PM

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:12:40 UTC, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In <97k8f11gvsjaejcba9nqt7aaj88ojnlm9s@4ax.com> on Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:59:49
> -0400, Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >How to access the internet with a laptop using my RAZR, data cable,
> >mobile phone tools and a Cingular service account? The way I could
> >access the internet using Verizon service.
>
> Cingular MEdia Works unlimited for $20/month.
> Don't use MPT -- just use dial-up networking.

Is there some disadvantage with using MPT?

I was lucky to even get MPT work on my XP SP2 system using bluetooth.

Not that I've used it more than once or twice for short periods. I've
normally been lucky to have Wi-Fi available.
August 8, 2005 9:11:39 AM

In <KIRoJuEXw9g9-pn2-v3YDbgUbnGqO@ecs> on Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:23:24 GMT,
"Kevin K" <kevink4@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:12:40 UTC, John Navas
><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In <97k8f11gvsjaejcba9nqt7aaj88ojnlm9s@4ax.com> on Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:59:49
>> -0400, Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >How to access the internet with a laptop using my RAZR, data cable,
>> >mobile phone tools and a Cingular service account? The way I could
>> >access the internet using Verizon service.
>>
>> Cingular MEdia Works unlimited for $20/month.
>> Don't use MPT -- just use dial-up networking.
>
>Is there some disadvantage with using MPT?

"Less is more" -- it's almost always better to use native OS facilities.

>I was lucky to even get MPT work on my XP SP2 system using bluetooth.

No problem here.

>Not that I've used it more than once or twice for short periods. I've
>normally been lucky to have Wi-Fi available.

WiFi is of course better, but I've generally been pretty happy with EGPRS
(EDGE) data speeds.

August 8, 2005 9:01:43 PM

Kevin K <kevink4@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:12:40 UTC, John Navas
> <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> Cingular MEdia Works unlimited for $20/month.
>> Don't use MPT -- just use dial-up networking.

> Is there some disadvantage with using MPT?

Bluetooth Dial Up Networking is free. MPT is ~$30.
MPT comes preconfigured for a different data access connection.
MPT has a bunch of stuff I don't want. I only use the sync.

> I was lucky to even get MPT work on my XP SP2 system using bluetooth.

Yep. I think I have it figured out now.
Motorola V551 Bluetooth Mobile Phone Tools
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W39E65F8B

--
---
August 8, 2005 9:38:59 PM