Sign in with
Your question

My speakers output is wobbly and won't output sound 90% of the time

Last response: in Components
October 2, 2012 1:32:59 PM

Hello,

From watching Gran Torino seemingly everything wobbly or loose can be fixed with duct tape and that's what I'm hoping for: a simple solution - I don't want to buy a new motherboard.

The green circle that surrounds the output that signifies it's for whatever has long since fallen off, so I'm guessing it's not as stable as it should be once inserted. Although it's worked fine for years minus the green circle, recently she's starting to get very moody. I have to really use finesse to get it into the right position to transfer sound. There is another speaker input on my machine but that went years ago. I'm wondering if you guys can offer any help? Thanks guys. (Win7 x64).

PS I've been told on another website to try connecting it to another sound output that the computer might be able to modify it to use speakers, but that didn't work. He/she also said if that failed to "Look into an inexpensive sound card, no longer needing mobo sound, problem solved." My question to that is where do I find these?

Thanks Guys
October 2, 2012 3:35:10 PM

Need to know make and model of motherboard, also are you going to use it for musci or gaming?
m
l
October 2, 2012 5:58:22 PM

knightdog56 said:
Need to know make and model of motherboard, also are you going to use it for musci or gaming?

Mobo: p5ql-epu
and I use it primarily for music but also gaming occasionally.
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 6:20:22 PM

knightdog56 said:

Mobo: p5ql-epu
and I use it primarily for music but also gaming occasionally.
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:22:09 AM

I would try this one for music, ASUS Xonar D1 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card, this one is for a PCI slot which you have three of, I would install it the farthest away from video card.
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:30:38 AM

Check the cable.

Cheers!
m
l
!