PC for After Effects and Cinema 4D (i7 Quad core) - is this enough?

Hi I wonder if you can help me?

I'm looking for a PC that I can use for Cinema 4D and After Effects ( and a bit of video editing on Premiere).

I want something that will have a quick Ram prieview and render without me have to gauge my eyes out with wooden spoons. I currently have a Dell Laptop (core duo 4GB ram - which was rubbish with these programs hence buying a new one)

I have been suggested the following spec and want to know if any of you think it can do the jobs for me, if not, what should I get.

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Ivy Bridge i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor w/ Hyper-Threading - 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory - MSI Intel H61 Motherboard - 500GB SATA Hard Drive - 22 in 1 Card Reader - 22x DVD Writer.
+ getting it installed with 16GB

Is this i7 Quad core good or should I be getting a 6 core/hex core?

Just don't want wait days to scrobble/ram preview work... and keep my eyes.

Many thanks for your time

Hannah
3 answers Last reply
More about effects cinema quad core enough
  1. With RAM prices as low as they are, go with at least 8GB RAM or even 16GB if you plan to do some significant multi-tasking. You might also want to make it 1600MHz RAM since it is only a few bucks more.
  2. More cores the better. More RAM the better.
    For 3D and After Effects I would buy a 6-core i7 on 2011 socket and 32GB ram so you could render more than few seconds of RAM preview in 4k/2k/1080p.
  3. 1080P uncompressed video is going to eat your 500gb in about 6mins. Video editing needs lots of RAM, lots of FAST HD's, and a good video. I think Nvidia more video software takes advantage of Nvidia over ATI cards, but you should check individual software for what works best with what card.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core Intel i7