Starting to buy parts, review build =)

zex95966

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
So I'm finally starting to buy parts... 2 of them bought already, the HD, and the PSU. Nothing really special about them, 320gb HDD 7200 rpm, 8gb cache and a coolermaster 850 watt non modular psu. (I got a good deal on it though for a little less than $50)

Here's whats left to buy:
i5 2310
MSI H61M-P23 1155
Kingston 8GB (2 sticks of 4GB)
GTX 560 (whichever one I can get the cheapest and maybe get a combo deal off of, don't want to bother with MIR, most places I've tried don't honor them anyways)
Haf 912 or this case: http://www.amazon.com/Apevia-X-TRP-GN-X-TROOPER-Series-Computer/dp/B0051QQJ44/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I13C6A0T77HXUE&colid=2R0RXEKD2QM1X
Windows 7 (debating on buying full version or OEM...)

That's all that's left that I NEED, the next list are parts that severely need upgrading and what I plan to upgrade them to.
Imo the second computer case looks a lot cooler, but the haf 912 has the removable HD tray, so for functionality I'm leaning towards the haf.
Will my mobo possibly slow down the rest of the comp?

Samsung S23A350H Monitor (I hear bad things about Acer and Asus monitors, so I'm trying to stay away from them...)
Corsair Vengeance K60 Keyboard
Razer Naga 2012 mouse (I already have one but it's breaking down...)
QCK heavy gaming mousepad
Allsop memory foam wristrest

I'm undecided about the optical drive... I kind of want to play blu-ray movies, but will that make my power consumption on my computer higher? If so, I guess I'll just get a basic one and watch movies in the living room where I plan to get an X-box 360 or something.

The comp is to be used for gaming. I'm not interested in OC, running multiple monitors or harddrives so think I can save some cash with a cheap mobo. Perhaps when Broadwell or Haswell comes out, I'll think about upgrading, but no matter what I get now that would require a new motherboard anyways if/when that time comes...

zex95966

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Most of it was answered, but alright.

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 week - a month.

Budget Range: $500-700 not including the parts in the not needed section

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: see initial post

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: don't care

Parts Preferences: Intel/Nvidia

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

TRENDING THREADS